Do you listen to U2 at certain times?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtwohearts

New Yorker
I really haven't listened to them in a while but I am coming off a really tough day yesterday that made me so sad. I just need to hear U2. They soothe me when life justs gets a little overwhelming. Put on my U2 i-pod at work with my playlist marked favorite U2 songs and it just makes me feel better.

Last edited:
I hear U2 all the time

It's pretty sick but whenever I try to force myself to listen to something else I keep thinking about how I wanna hear this and that from U2 again.

Pretty disturbing :huh:

I think the most I've gone without listening to U2 is like a week (on vacation).

I have problems! :|

youtwohearts said:
I really haven't listened to them in a while but I am coming off a really tough day yesterday that made me so sad. I just need to hear U2. They soothe me when life justs gets a little overwhelming. Put on my U2 i-pod at work with my playlist marked favorite U2 songs and it just makes me feel better.

I know what you mean... Soemtimes I feel the same way. But it already happened on the other way around. Sometimes I just can't listen to a song because it mixes so much with my feelings. For example I lost someone very important in my life recently and for a long time I just couldn't listen to Kite... It's weird I know... But what can I say...

I think I've listened to U2 every day since the new year. I feel better when listening to them.

U2 are my Miracle Drug!

I listen to certain U2 songs, depending on what mood I am in...
When I want to sit and reflect. I will listen to Bad, One or Walk on
When I am going though concert withdrawl I will listen to live tracks of Party Girl ,Out of Control and LAPOE.

If I want to get hyped for a party I will play my MOFO or Discotheque remixes:drool:

Hope things get better for you :hug:

I find if I'm upset or sad about something, then only U2 will do. I find a comfort in the songs and his voice, well, the B's voice makes me feel like I'm coming home. It's a warmth, a familiarity - totally mad, I know, but no other band will do, if I'm in 'that' mood...

I listen to U2 everyday, but not all the time during the day.
I have playlists for certain moods and certain times of the day all for U2 (ex. driving at night, working out, morning music, bedtime music, etc.)

I carry my mp3 player loaded (right now) with nothing but U2 constantly; my burned copies of all my U2 cd's are always in my Blazer so I can pop one in whenever I'm ready. Whether I'm mad, depressed, anxious, blase, or in a superb mood I can always find at least one song that will pick me up.

And at my new job, they have piped in music which, much to my delight & surprise, has a heavy rotation of U2 (with a lot from HTDAAB :yes: ). Funny thing is, I've noticed that when I'm getting really uptight at work from dealing with something that I've not come up against in my 3 wks on the job, lo & behold, a U2 song will come across the sound system. I'm generally soothed within the first 5-10 notes of the song. :nerd: :wink:

Last edited:
youvedonewhat said:
I find if I'm upset or sad about something, then only U2 will do. I find a comfort in the songs and his voice, well, the B's voice makes me feel like I'm coming home. It's a warmth, a familiarity - totally mad, I know, but no other band will do, if I'm in 'that' mood...

That's exactly it. I listen to them in all moods but at "that" mood only U2 will do.

I listen everyday, including M ways at least 3 or 4 times, I think it's turned into some kind of illness.

Beautiful Day - Stuck - Elevation - Walk On - Kite ...

Good prescription to lift you up.

I listen to them whenever .. no specific time really. Lately been taking my old CD walkman on my lil walks and having beautiful days. People think I'm crazy when I'm mouthing the words though.

Their music is the Soundtrack to My Life. I listen to them in the evening mostly in my car on the way home from work. Keeps me sort of calm waiting in traffic.

Like most of you I listen to U2 pretty much everyday. Occassionally if I'm really into a new album I've got from some other band I might not listen to U2, but I don't think I've gone more than a few days without at least one U2 song. There are U2 songs to fit virtually every mood and I've been listening to U2 for about half of my life so the songs really carry memories for me.

Well I was twelve when I first started listening to U2 and guess you can say that I've pretty much grown up with them too.

I listen to them during everyday that ends in a -y. I just go through phases and switch between studio/Live.

Ellay said:
I listen everyday, including M ways at least 3 or 4 times, I think it's turned into some kind of illness.

I have that same illness, especially with MW

All my U2 Cd's are in my car. I listen to them any time I'm driving alone, and occasionally with family in the car. Especially early morning, driving home from the night shift at the hospital, play it loud to keep me awake. :wink: (Best song to wake me up: Exit)
I sort of have to listen to them in my car so my kids don't kill me.
:huh:

Even when I am listening to other music, I hear a random guitar riff from another artist and I think they stole it from Edge or Adam.. :eyebrow:
I'm hopeless, they're in my mind all the time, and I love it :wink:

I don't usually go more than a few days without listening to a few U2 songs.

It's kind of strange, but lately I've found that the only time I don't want to listen to them is when I'm down. When I've tried to listen to them to cheer me up I've ended up getting annoyed with them. :no:

I like to listen to them in the morning and late at night. :drool:

sue4u2 said:
Even when I am listening to other music, I hear a random guitar riff from another artist and I think they stole it from Edge or Adam.. :eyebrow:
I'm hopeless, they're in my mind all the time, and I love it :wink:

Reminds me of watching Coldplay @ the Grammy's (i think it was) and thought Chris Martin totally ripped off a lot of Bono's "moves"!!

I listen to them almost daily, in any mood, any occasion...

(slight aside, but related): i took this personality test for school and one of my particular style's depictors was something about my having fewer interests, but those that I do I invest in deeply... and just before this, one of my girlfriends, when discussing my and one of her fave authors, asked if I ever read anyone else and I said of course, but she's my fave and always will be--and it's the same w/U2 although I don't discover too many new music artists.

When I'm listening at U2, as you others are saying, you really feel better after you have listen to U2.. It always makes me feel better when I'm sad and have nobody to talk to or just don't want to talk with anybody about it and that then it's good to listen to U2 or think about Bono or something. Or if I got head ache, I always feel better after I have listen to them. If I'm already are happy and feel good I'm getting even more happy.

Bono's Doll said:
Their music is the Soundtrack to My Life. I listen to them in the evening mostly in my car on the way home from work. Keeps me sort of calm waiting in traffic.

:up: I agree that U2 music is the Sounddtrack to My Life. Depending on my mood or time of day I have favorites that I listen to that can soothe, change my mood, etc. My iPod is loaded with mostly U2 and I have various playlists including live, studio, remixes and their solo work as well. U2 keeps me sane. I don't think I've gone a day with out hearing at least one U2 song.

Back
Top Bottom