Do you have all the albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul Vox

The Fly
I have been thinking that the stores selling HTDAAB would be smart to have the full back catalog of U2 albums stocked because I'm sure they will see a rush on them along with sales of the new album. They are sure to pick up some new fans with this release and after ATYCLB, there must have been new bandwagon jumpers that maybe hadn't fully bought in yet.

Anyway, my question is, do you have them all already, and if not, which ones don't you have and "why the HELL, not!?!?":wink:

Also, does anyone know the currrent sales #'s(in millions) for each album? Bono recently talked about the 10 milion mark as the goal...I wonder how many are at or over that level, by now?

I don't own the "Wide Awake in America" CD....but I consider that the "Bad" single....so I've never plucked down the money for it......(although it has a killer version of "A Sort of Homecoming").....I have all of the other U2 albums and videos, along with Passengers and Million Dollar Hotel......I've also got a ton of b-sides and remixes and live stuff.....but I didn't pay for any of that extra stuff...:huh:

Here's the album sales in the United States:

Boy - 1 Million
October - 1 Million
War - 4 Million
Under A Blood Red Sky - 3 Million
Unforgettable Fire - 3 Million
Wide Awake in America - 1 Million
Joshua Tree - 10 Million
Rattle and Hum - 5 Million
Achtung Baby - 8 Million
Zooropa - 2 Million
Pop - 1 Million
Best of 1980-1990/ The B- Sides - 2 Million (1 Million of the two disc sets)
Best of 1980-1990 - 2 Million
All That You Can't Leave Behind - 4 Million
Best of 1990-2000 - 1 Million

Videos:
Zoo TV - Gold (50,000)
Elevation - 2x Platinum (200,000)

Singles:

Desire - Gold (500,000)
Discotheque - Gold (500,000)

Last edited:
I have all of them, minus Passengers

I have also some singles and bootlegs

I don't own Wide Awake in America on CD, but I do have a vinyl copy I bought second hand.

Other than that, I'm only missing Passengers & Million Dollar Hotel. Oh yeah - and HTDAAB...but that's gonna' be fixed real soon! :lol:

I got all the albums, and wide awake in america..... I have some elevation bootlegs, my most cherished is the one from my hometown which I was at in person :)

Wow, I find that hard to believe that ATYCLB only sold 4 million, while Zooropa sold half of that, and Zooropa wasn't really that popular, though it was really good. ATYCLB had good songs such as Beautiful Day, Stuck in a Moment, Elevation and Walk On. Zooropa had comparably good songs, like Numb, Lemon, Stay, Dirty Days, Some Days are Betther than Others and The First Time. It's hard to say which is a better album, though. I hope HTDAAB has good songs. No, I haven't had the chance to listen to it yet. I'll wait to till the 23rd.

11 more days baby!!!

I hav mostly burned copies plus about 50 burned bootlegs. The two Best Ofs, UF, R&H, 7, and lots and lots of singles are "real" and most of those were gifts. I just never ever buy CDs.

All except Wide Awake In America and Passengers and Million Dollar Hotel.....and HTDAAB of course (only for about 11 more days):up:

:reject:

i have:

Unforgetbale Fire
Joshua Tree
Rattle & Hum
Achtung Baby (in the mail off ebay :wink:)
Pop
Zooropa
ATYCLB
HTDAAB - Leaked Edition

Best of
80-90
90-00

Thanks BigMacPhisto for the data. Any idea how old those numbers are? Those are just US sales, too so worldwide would be much larger...obviously, POP sold a lot of copies outside the US.

I have everything except WAIA and UABRS (but I just bought that on vinyl). I even have Passengers and Million $ Hotel. And then I have lots of bootlegs and lots of CD-Rs of b-sides and remixes.

oh yes how could i forget my bootlegs.

u3.jpg

*hears comments of thinks he's good in the background*

Okay, I have all of the albums, most of the singles, videos, DVDs, some bootleg stuff, a huge range of magazines etc

but

my most prized U2 possession is the vinyl singles and CD that I won from Island when the Best of ... came out (plus the helmet). I have everything that came with it, including the packing slip

Yeah, I think I am a fan....:lol:

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:
:reject:

i have:

Unforgetbale Fire
Joshua Tree
Rattle & Hum
Achtung Baby (in the mail off ebay :wink:)
Pop
Zooropa
ATYCLB
HTDAAB - Leaked Edition

Best of
80-90
90-00

What?? Go to the local store with ATYCLB, say it was a mistake and get BOY!

Yes have all the albums and every single that has came out since Achtung Baby....

One of these days I will have to go searching ebay for the others.

All the videos and DVDs too and of course lots of bootlegs.

Cant wait to have the new album on CD....multiple copies!

No, because my older brother has all the albums up to ATYCLB.

So, I have

ATYCLB
Both Best ofs (the B-sides edition)
Both Best of videos cassetes (yes I do not have a DVD player)
Boston video
Passengers
MDH soundtrack
Wide awake in america
BD single with summer rain and always
Elevation single with don't take your guns to town

Paul Vox said:
I have been thinking that the stores selling HTDAAB would be smart to have the full back catalog of U2 albums stocked because I'm sure they will see a rush on them along with sales of the new album. They are sure to pick up some new fans with this release and after ATYCLB, there must have been new bandwagon jumpers that maybe hadn't fully bought in yet.

Anyway, my question is, do you have them all already, and if not, which ones don't you have and "why the HELL, not!?!?":wink:

Also, does anyone know the currrent sales #'s(in millions) for each album? Bono recently talked about the 10 milion mark as the goal...I wonder how many are at or over that level, by now?

:sad: o.k. i admit- i have a few downloaded from the internet. BUT: it's only because i can't live without their music and i don't have money to buy albums and they are so expensive.

so every time i get some money i go to a shop and buy myself next U2 album and now i already have 8 original cds and one day i'm going to have them all. and every time i buy an album i throw away the not-original one.

i do appreciate their work and so i'm not happy with having these pirate versions :banghead: :shame: and that's why i'm ending with it.

i just hope you won't understand me wrong :(.

Back
Top Bottom