Do you hate it when Bono ruins your favourite part of your favourite song live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

voxson

The Fly
That little part of a song, those few seconds, that you really really love and get the chills out of and then Bono just completely changes it or even skips it or just screws it up... Don't you hate it? It happens with me with all Vertigo live versions

With that attitude, you probably thought Zoo Station and The Fly were a complete waste of time for SD 1. :wink:

I understand tha you hate when Bono sing unproperly, ike rapping Pride(or whatever), but changing lyrics is great thing.

"I'm ready, ready for a cowboy hat."

if all thats changed is the words and it still sound like it would be acceptable if you'd never heard the song before then i think it's fine. like as someone mentioned fly/zoo from sd1

I'd rather hear him change lyrics than struggle to hit notes he can't hit.

*coughPopMartMexicoPridecough*

I doesn't bother me too much. I'm glad they don't stick to the songs too closely. Howwver, I would've loved that little "yow!" in All Because of You. Bono should've made an effort to keep that in. People dig it!

LemonMelon said:
With that attitude, you probably thought Zoo Station and The Fly were a complete waste of time for SD 1. :wink:
ah the Bono Random Lyrics Generator! :giggle:

Yeah I really wanted to hear the "god I need your help tonight" line of MD, I don't think he's been doing it at all.

Last edited:
neutral said:
Yeah I really wanted to hear the "god I need your help tonight" line of MD, I don't think he's been doing it at all.

The same here. I love that part. Also the Roger Daltrey scream he does before Edge's solo on ABOY. I miss that a little. But it's completely understandable that he doesn't do it every night. Also the "goal is soul" part at the end of BD, that is one of my favorite moments ever and I don't think he has done it at all this tour. Oh, well....

Bono has never ruined any part of my favorite songs, i like when he changes lyrics...he comes up with some funny stuff..:laugh:...

Bono is a great improviser. He's creative and he knows how to work the songs around the show. Poetic license is a good thing. if u don't like it, stick to the albums.

I agree with angel_28!

"I'm ready for a cowboy hat" (lol)

My favorite was when he sang "Can you see the beauty in sodomy? What happened to the beauty I had in sodomy?" during City of Blinding Lights while he groped Larry.

LOL that Bono is such a character!

shart1780 said:
My favorite was when he sang "Can you see the beauty in sodomy? What happened to the beauty I had in sodomy?" during City of Blinding Lights while he groped Larry.

ROFLMFAO for infinity!!

I won't be able to give a qualfied answer until after next Saturday... can't wait to see 'em!! I downloaded the vid for City Of Blinding Lights from Wanadoo - and I was really amazed by how strong B's voice was. It sounded great to me, anyway. I'm wondering - has this been the case at all the shows? I hope so!

I hate it when Bono doesn't pull me up on stage! That's soooo annoying. I hate it almost as much as how he sometimes likes to change things rather than doing the same thing over and over.

he's completely fucked up many songs on this tour. I've heard two versions of zoo station from the early shows of this tour. I was so looking forward to hearing how it would sound on the new tour, but Bono completely screwed up all the lyrics. He just made most of them up or stopped and started or just didnt say anything at all. Very dissapointing. I loved the way he did it on the zoo tv tour.
While I'm at it, I didnt like the Bullet the Blue Sky solo's on this tour, it was so empty and lifless unlike every other time from zoo TV onwards. Edge really isn't a good blue's guitarist, he should have just added a million effects and slide around like he did it last tour.
And adam smells.
Thats all the optimism im gonna be sharing for today.

On the subject of Bono, I think he's had a good tour, but not a great tour. Don't get me wrong, he's had some awesome nights, but on balance, Edge is way more impressive.

I'd give Edge an A+, Adam and Larry each an A, and Bono a B for this tour so far.

it just annoys me that bono cant shut up half the time, somtimes silence is more powerful then speach....

heh i like how he improvises little snippets of other songs but if any of you have ever heard vertigo from the first chicago show i think we would all agree bono just needs 2 sing normally

quadcaster said:
it just annoys me that bono cant shut up half the time, somtimes silence is more powerful then speach....

Silence Is Easy... and should be utilised more often. :wink:

I actually love it, it means I've got 500 different versions of my favourite song.

shart1780 said:

that's pretty funny.

I think its just unprofessional when he forgets the lyrics. I dont mind the adding of words, like the screaming in ABOY or something like that...but to just completely forget the words and change it to something else? I mean come on Bono, you WROTE the effing song just stick with it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom