Do you feel Loved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:

Agreed... Discotheque-Do You Feel Loved-Mofo is the unseperable holy trinity of U2 openers

I think I just threw up in my mouth. I love POP and those first three songs as much as anybody...BUT, my God man, have you ever heard of an album called The Joshua Tree???

Track 1: Where the Streets Have No Name
Track 2: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Track 3: With Or Without You

THAT is the "holy trinity" of U2 openers, and I openly beg for anyone to deride such as fiction!

Come to think of it, you can make a pretty good argument that it is the greatest 1-2-3 combo in pop music history!

PEACE.

Mac Phisto's New York Headquarters

this song is all about the lyrics and style they are delivered.
And Adam's Bass - makes us all move in mysterious ways ! the spotlight is definitely on Adam - perhaps as much as NYD

TheFlyOnTheWall said:
And how could anyone hate Pop, I think to myself... (what a beautiful album...:wink: )

And they say that POP is bad, the worst album and October:)madspit: ) is best(or something like it)

TommyB said:
Do you feel Loved

flows nicely into MOFO ... you cannot seperate these two.

You know, just this week I just decided "Do You Feel Loved" was one of my favorite U2 songs -- nay, one of my favorite songs *ever*. But I disagree that it is inseparable from "Mofo." It stands very nicely on its own, and lyrically, I think is much stronger than "Mofo."

However, I can see much more how connected it is to "Discotheque" after reading the first entry on the "Do You Feel Loved: MoL page (you would probably want to read his "Discotheque" theory too -- I'd post the url but I don't have enough posts yet). It's just one fan's conjecture, but it makes a lot of sense. That is, if you don't think these songs are about God. The classic U2 song meaning dilemma. :)

And yeah Discoteque-Do You Fell Loved-Mofo is holy trinity of u2 songs. Best openers for an album. Streets and WOWY are better songs than those three, and ISHFWILF isn't(IMO)
Streets-ISHFWILF-WOWY just isn't so compact and similar, so that's why i say that Discoteque-Do you feel loved-Mofo is holy trinity and best openers.They sound just similar and almost forgot to mention-GREAT

Just don't like it. First track in years that I listened to and thought that it didn't have 'it'.

Great song.. have a listen ot the Popmart Eugene bootleg, this easily the coolest song of the show. Both Bono and Edge did a wonderful job and the vibe at the end was sensational..all before leading into Pride Bono yells out Do you feel LOOOVED..LOOOOVE....LOOOOOoooove.... Crowd is totally into it as well.

I love "Do you feel Loved" song, I have the mp3 on my mobile phone, assigned to a specific caller group, so whenever a family member calls I get to hear it.

it's funny... i've always loved POP and the only song i never really got into is do you feel loved... until recently. now i can say that i really like it but i dont think it's among the best in the album. still a great tune though.

Mac Phisto said:

I think I just threw up in my mouth. I love POP and those first three songs as much as anybody...BUT, my God man, have you ever heard of an album called The Joshua Tree???

Track 1: Where the Streets Have No Name
Track 2: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Track 3: With Or Without You

THAT is the "holy trinity" of U2 openers, and I openly beg for anyone to deride such as fiction!

Come to think of it, you can make a pretty good argument that it is the greatest 1-2-3 combo in pop music history!

PEACE.

Mac Phisto's New York Headquarters
i couldn't agree more...

Back
Top Bottom