Do you care if other people like U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joerags said:
To me, they know what rock and roll is about.

But the one thing that I will always defend Bono, it's that he has PASSION when he sings. His emotions and passionate singing just absolutely mesmerizes me.

Just tell them this part. Come on joerags it's time to stand up for your own passion.

Oh don't say Bono can't sing for shit since that is a looser comment.:wink:

HelloAngel said:
I don't care if others like U2, I really don't, just as long as they don't disrespect me to my face for it. If I'm in conversation with someone who doesn't like U2 due to misconceptions, I'll usually try my best to politely interject fact based on U2 lore, but I don't push my fandom on people. :shrug:

Ditto this whole post. I will admit, though, it is nice to find people in town or on other non-U2 boards that I go to and all that who like U2 and are willing to talk about them with me (and thankfully, my whole family's pretty cool with them). And I always love it when I'm watching TV or listening to the radio and hear someone singing U2's praises...it just gives me a feeling of...well, pride :wink:, knowing they've got respect and are pretty high up there on the rock tree and everything.

But yeah, if someone doesn't like their music, meh, life goes on. More chances for me to get tickets to see them when they tour :p.

Angela

I'm a natural born third speaker in debating. That means rebuttal, proving people wrong, and changing opinions. So when anyone criticises U2 ... I can't help it, the third speaker in me kicks in.

I've now lost track of the number of people I've converted to U2. It's just something that seems to happen around me.

As Larry Mullen said

"We are the biggest little cult band in the world"

It describes them perfectly, as many haters as there are of U2 the hardcore fanbase will always be there to make sure that U2 never truely "bomb" on a record, which hasnt happened yet even POP sold close to 7 million which for any other artist would be an amazing tally.

In my mind U2 have about 5 million hardcore fans and the rest have to be convinced album after album...very few of the true hardcores ever leave U2s side and I know I never will because in my mind they are the greatest gift I have ever gotten in life they are like a constant friend to me.

Sometimes I care, when people just blurt out an "I don't like 'em" without having any good arguments why-- but everyone in my circle knows not to diss 'em around me! Even my l'il sis who's 18 says they're okay--and she used to listen to the rap and stuff!
I have at least eight years or so to brainwash--er, I mean, lovingly convince my kids of their "greatness"!:wink:

I am the only U2 fan in my family. It's been that way since the beginning in 1983. We sort of have an unwritten rule that I don't force my fandom on anyone, indeed, I don't discuss it around the family, and no one trashes U2 around me. Hey, it works!

4EVRU2 said:
I have at least eight years or so to brainwash--er, I mean, lovingly convince my kids of their "greatness"!:wink:

Haha...oh, god, any kids I have someday are probably gonna get sick to death of the bands I love, 'cause I'll still be playing them at least once a day. I listen to all the new wave stuff, and they're gonna find some of that music really weird, I'm sure.

Course, they could also grow up loving those bands and that music in general, too, which'd be really cool :up: :).

Angela

I totally understand you guys. I remember when I discovered Coldplay before Top 40 radio got to them and they became a universally-liked band-- it was definitely a different feeling being a fan back then.

I'm in college and the funny thing is that there aren't many U2 fans around. There are far more people who are into younger bands like Coldplay, the Shins, Franz Ferdinand, etc... but I agree... they don't know what they're missing out on.

I don't care if they're popular with other people or not... U2 is a very personal thing for me - like, what church I attend or, what attracts me to the opposite sex. If you feel the same way, great! - that's a unique little thing we have in common & you're all that much cooler in my book for it. If you don't, that's OK too, because it's about what I like - not you. :lol:

I don't care if others like U2 or not...actually alot of my friends don't like U2 :reject:
But i'm content to like them by myself :)

BluRmGrl said:
I don't care if they're popular with other people or not... U2 is a very personal thing for me - like, what church I attend or, what attracts me to the opposite sex. If you feel the same way, great! - that's a unique little thing we have in common & you're all that much cooler in my book for it. If you don't, that's OK too, because it's about what I like - not you. :lol:

LOL, well said :up: :).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom