Do parents have a fave child?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono-vox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
maze of your imagination, where the streets have n
My mum and dad always tell me they don't have a favourite child although my siblings and I always argue with this statement. My sister and myself think my brother would be my mum's favourt because he is the only boy and we call him the "little Prince" well anyway I was jsut wondering do you think parents have a favourite OR if you are a parent do you have a favourite child?
My best friend lives in my street and he is his mums favourite and his big brother is his dad's favourite, their mum even told me this, so is it true, Do parents have a favourite?

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Originally posted by bono-vox:

My best friend lives in my street and he is his mums favourite and his big brother is his dad's favourite, their mum even told me this....

It's strange to me that a parent would admit favoring one child over another. Isn't that a slap in the face to the child not chosen?

If a parent prefers one over the other(s), said parent should keep it to her/himself.

yeah i agree but my friend and his brother dont seem to mind...

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Hmmm, alrightee then, maybe I'm wrong.
smile.gif

Let's put it this way, my son (15) loves U2 and my daughter (12) likes crap music. What do you think?
wink.gif

(joke of course don't flame)

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

My youngest son, Bryce, introduced me to U2 and there is not a day that goes by that we don't talk about them. It was quite frenetic in those early days, that first journey of discovery we made together has created a very special bond - also he has a beautiful nature, handsome and very, very cool

I have three children

Pamela

coca cola, football, radio, radio, radio,

no, my parents don't favor my brother or me. they're so fair, it's scary.

------------------
Happy Hannukah!

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

I have two brothers and the three of us are all VERY VERY different. We've all taken different paths in our short lives so far. I think that there are sometimes when my parents favor one of us over the others, but they would never tell us that. It probably depends on what time you ask them and what we've been doing recently as to if they have a favorite or not. Who knows?

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

I have two boys one is two the other is 6 months
i dont have a favourite atall,i mean i feel more protective over my baby but my oldest makes me laugh,i cant seeee how its possible to have favroutes,cause all children have different personalitys.
i used to think my mum favoured my brother over me but when i had children i realised that isnt true.
we just love are children the way they are its uncoditional love well it should be it definately is with me

------------------
a vampire or a victim it depends on whos around

Dont let the Bastards grind you down

Back
Top Bottom