DO NOT OPEN: This thread contains Anthrax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
So have any good bootlegs surfaced yet from this leg? I'm not asking to know where they are, just if they've come out yet.

Anyone else have a topic? Please hijack this thread by all means.

You = suck

tongue.gif

But I love you anyway.

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

how slow = slow ???
90 years ???

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

As long as it takes to listen to an entire Limp Bizkit album. THAT LONG.

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 10-18-2001).]

Originally posted by Sadie:
Very unappropriate!

"shakes head and walks away"

There's always one who can't laugh at it.

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Seriously this shit aint funny.

Anthrax =
death2.gif

* licks Juan's cheek.

I can still laugh at it... but it's scary.

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 10-18-2001).]

Terrorists that kill people, that's scary.
The root word of 'Terrorist' is 'Terror'.
I'm won't let them strike terror into me.

Now, back to the topic. AHHH, I've got anthrax!!!1!!!!!!11!!

rolleyes.gif

I work in politics in Washington DC. A large number of friends and colleagues are now taking Cipiro, and some has tested positive for exposure.

Sorry if I can't laugh about it.

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
Well I can see that this thread is going to turn into a huge war. Blah.

I love board wars, they're so cute.

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 10-18-2001).]

Well, I agree that we can't let the terrorists defeat us, but I do think that some things shouldn't be taken lightly.

I can kind of brush this off because it hasnt quite hit home yet for me. However, if there was a more local occurence, I would probably be a tad more sensitive.

I'm not saying either side is right or wrong...who am I to judge? That is just one way of looking at things though.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it...

Anyone who thinks I'm being insensitive can shut it, there was an evacuation on my campus because of a threat of anthrax. If you think I'm a cold hearted bastard, think so. But just don't open my threads and you'll be fine.

I don't think you're a cold hearted bastard, I just get really tired of the fighting ya know? Constant thread bickering about shit that's obviously meant to be funny.

Swallow, I've got nothin' against ya! I'm sure the majority of the folks at this forum (if not all of them) agree with me on that sentiment.
smile.gif

I'm not getting all bent out of shape about it anything. I just presented another view of looking at things.

Can't we all just get along?
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 10-18-2001).]

Johnny, don't assume that just because you can act all tough and self-assured people will follow you..it doesn't work like that..this is a bloody insenstive and ill-timed thread..I can take jokes like the rest of you guys, but sometimes just by making create something in a lighter perspective doesn't rub with me at all..and then to turn around and tell people to shut up is beyond belief!! I'm 100% prepared to get a big flame for this and for crossing Johnny of all people but when I look outside of this forum I'll stand by this

*guy with a stick up his ass signing off*

You honestly expect people to laugh at this?

Personally, i think some things can't be joked around with. And right now, i for one can't laugh at a possible lethal disease on the loose via ordinary mail in who knows how many countries to come.

Over here we already had some letter alerts-luckily no Anthrax yet in Slovenia.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-18-2001).]

clarityat3am wrote:

Like I said...blah. *exasperated sigh*

Clarity, why are you making out that somehow those who are too sensitive towards these themes are the ones who have put their foot wrong? you clearly made up your mind early in this thread that anyone who doesn't get the joke like you did immediatly comes off as irrelevant with the sole intention of dragging this thread out to more negative attitudes

Johnny wrote:

Terrorists that kill people, that's scary. The root word of 'Terrorist' is 'Terror'. I'm won't let them strike terror into me

The world trade centre disaster is now history, we can't bring the victims back, we can't go back and re-write that morning..it is very important to shed one last tear and be stronger from that day forward..this is different..this is the now, and it an ongoing terror which is possibly likely to expand into something more largescale, I can see your joking, that I don't doubt but one thing I will label you is insensitive!!

You've all got Anthrax, die a slow horrible death!

I dont want to argue about this... but you can see where those that dont find this funny are coming from right?

------------------
And I felt like a star...

Originally posted by clarityat3am:

Constant thread bickering about shit that's obviously meant to be funny.

And here we go again: suddenly EVERYONE has to agree on what's funny.

This is not funny for obvious reasons and it isn't funny because of the circumstances in the world.

And if people can't accept some criticism and second opinion different to their own, that's their problem.

Don't tell us who don't find it funny to "shut it" or not to read it.
We have every right to read and respond to topics. If you don't like it, deal with it.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-18-2001).]

What I said was that I was sick of people getting into a ridiculous fight over something that was meant to be funny. Now look...that's exactly what this has turned into. Laughter is stress relief...maybe you should try it.

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
Johnny, don't assume that just because you can act all tough and self-assured people will follow you..it doesn't work like that..this is a bloody insenstive and ill-timed thread..I can take jokes like the rest of you guys, but sometimes just by making create something in a lighter perspective doesn't rub with me at all..and then to turn around and tell people to shut up is beyond belief!! I'm 100% prepared to get a big flame for this and for crossing Johnny of all people but when I look outside of this forum I'll stand by this

*guy with a stick up his ass signing off*

Sure I can see where those that don't think it's funny are coming from. I can also see that they continue posting in this thread that they 'don't find funny'. If you hate it so much, don't read it again and again.

And I'm insensitive? Someone doesn't like me?!? Wow, my world must end. Like it matters to me if someone thinks so....shoot EVERYONE thinks so. Life goes on.

Well I plan on being the usual insensitive, bigoted, oppressive, property owning, white male that I was born to be.

Personally, I'd be more tortured listening to a pretentious, over-praised yet ridiculously boring and unimaginative Radiohead album than Limp Bizkit (as loud and annoying as they are).

But even worse that Bizkit and Radiohead is that crappy Irish band, U2. God, that bastard Bono does ramble on - like he's Jesus or something. And that guitarist, what's his name? Oh yeah, "Edge" (ooh, that's cool - and while we're on it, what the f*ck is a "bono") - that guy only plays one riff. He just hits that echo effect and it plays for the whole song. And don't bet me started about the rhythm and percussion section.

So whatever you do, do NOT torture me by forcing me to listen to a U2 album - especially "Unforgettable Fire," "Achtung Baby" or "All that You Can't Leave Behind." Nope - pure crap.

------------------
dwlogo3.jpg

A proud member of the "No BEALs Club."

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 10-18-2001).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom