disappointed that U2 didn't attend Live Earth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
Shakira needs to stop relying on that Hips Don't Lie song for her mileage. Get a new song to shake your stupid hips to!

There is nothing stupid about those hips I tell ya!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool:

Shakira :drool: :drool:

thank god they didn't
it was a tragedy by all means

1.the organization
if you're making a concert,i repeat a concert, then you have to show live music, not some stupid movies. yes,i get the point, awareness of the people, but ask anyone who attended if they came cause of the music or cause of the great cause

2.too many artists and not great ones
where were u2, pearl jam,radiohead and rolling stones and rage?
and everyone got few songs to play. who is corine bailey rae anyway?i mean i know who she is,but if she were a singer 20 years ago, during live aid, she wouldn't be there. wh is katie melua?c'mon. she has 2 songs and she's someone.

After reading through the last few pages, I've concluded that this thread either needs to stay on topic or be closed. I think enough off-topic fun has been had here. :wink:

Marko said:

and than someone even says that he thinks that africa is much better cause than this - well let me put it this way - if global warming gets us to the next ice age in next 50 or 100 years than ther will be no life in Africa, Europe or America...so what is more important?

If there's an ice age everybody will be *moving* to Africa...

(there will be plenty of "life", same as all the other ice ages--just different:| )

Marko said:

but I'm really disappointed by the fans here -I thought that U2 fans are largely above average intelligent people but I see that they are like the rest of average humanity - stupid, biased and ignorant..

sad sad sad

Welcome to Interference!!!

Enjoy your stay!!!:whistle:

emot-hurr.gif

struckpx said:
pretty much if you aren't liberal and don't support your arguments you do not get much time of day here.

:lmao: What a ridiculous statement.

You admit you don't support your arguments, what does your non-liberalness have to do with that?

But I guess you still think I'm liberal. :lol: What a joke.

struckpx said:

pretty much if you aren't liberal and don't support your arguments you do not get much time of day here.

Well if you don't or can't support your argument it's just an opinion. And you know what they say about opinions.

But if you are a conservative and can support your arguments, please come on by...

Last edited:
The original post in this thread:

LuvandPeace1980 said:
I don't know about anyone else but U2 not playing Live Earth has quite dissapointed me.

I thought U2 would have jumped at the ability to support this crisis.

I know it's not Bono's main concern but it's kind of a huge issue and I would say a larger issue than even the Poverty crisis.

Is it just me?

Could we please get back on topic?

I have to ask: why are people suddenly disappointed about this? I thought we knew months ago that they had turned it down.

^Yes and R. E. M., and Radiohead, and Paul McCartney, and Elton John, and and and ... all artists that seem to care about environmental issues some way or the other.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Marko

but I'm really disappointed by the fans here -I thought that U2 fans are largely above average intelligent people but I see that they are like the rest of average humanity - stupid, biased and ignorant..

sad sad sad

It took you seven years to figure this out? :tsk:

I'm really disappointed by the fans here -I thought that U2 fans are largely above average intelligent people but I see that they are like the rest of average humanity - stupid, biased and ignorant..sad sad sad [/B]

so basically your saying u2 fans are just regular, run off the mill humans? why thanks you for not calling us u2nicorns, have a cookie. chuck norris baked them.

I find it refreshing that U2 still manage to avoid showing up at every charity whatever that happens everywhere, despite their obvious big-hugeness media coefficient.

from the shows that i watched, it would have been a 5-6 set. they would have been rushed, and you know how bono is, he gets off topic really easy and can go into one of his famus pep talks so easily. idk, it was just too structured for them in my firm opinion.

either way, most of the world is quite aware of how they stand towards this issue.

struckpx said:
from the shows that i watched, it would have been a 5-6 set. they would have been rushed, and you know how bono is, he gets off topic really easy and can go into one of his famus pep talks so easily. idk, it was just too structured for them in my firm opinion.

either way, most of the world is quite aware of how they stand towards this issue.

They would've played:

Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Speech
One
Where the Streets Have No Name
Maybe Pride / Sunday Bloody Sunday

As much as people are talking about how bad LiveEarth was for the environment, I would've gone if it was near me and the acts weren't mostly sucktastic.

Wow! I'd wish they had played, I like watching them play whenever I can, but as it is, I feel happy they don't feel compelled to save the world from every possible damage, so normal human beings, like you or me, even like Al Gore, can take our part of responsibility with the world. I don't know why they didn't take part but I think it's good for their credibility and it's good to see different people taking the initiative, and I don't think worse of them because of that, on the contrary, sometimes it's quite more difficult to stay aside than under the lights.
Now, that said, if I were Bob Geldof, I don't think I would be very happy with the emulating name of the gig, maybe it's only me, but I don't think it's fair.

LemonMacPhisto said:

They would've played:

Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Speech
One
Where the Streets Have No Name
Maybe Pride / Sunday Bloody Sunday

As much as people are talking about how bad LiveEarth was for the environment, I would've gone if it was near me and the acts weren't mostly sucktastic.
They wouldn't have played these tunes. Why? They didn't play at all. Get over it, friends ...

ZOOTVTOURist said:

They wouldn't have played these tunes. Why? They didn't play at all. Get over it, friends ...

If they were there, they probably would've played those songs. That's called a hypothetical situation.

It's okay, I'm not losing sleep from U2 not playing a hyped up pseudo-music event.

LemonMacPhisto said:

If they were there, they probably would've played those songs. That's called a hypothetical situation.

It's okay, I'm not losing sleep from U2 not playing a hyped up pseudo-music event.

I don't think so. They would have put in some new stuff. It's free promotion to a huge fan base. You would be silly to not give a sample from the next album.

Either way, it's over. Can't wait for the next concert that we can watch.

struckpx said:

You would be silly to not give a sample from the next album.

When was the last time U2 previewed something, especially on TV, that wasn't on a released album yet? Especially one that doesn't even have a name or release date... :huh:

I'll give you a clue. You weren't born yet.

struckpx said:

I don't think so. They would have put in some new stuff. It's free promotion to a huge fan base. You would be silly to not give a sample from the next album.

Either way, it's over. Can't wait for the next concert that we can watch.

I forgot, they'd play Window in the Skies, that's about it.

Maybe Stop! (The Global Warming), too.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

When was the last time U2 previewed something, especially on TV, that wasn't on a released album yet? Especially one that doesn't even have a name or release date... :huh:

I'll give you a clue. You weren't born yet.

Well, I attended the first ever performances of NYD, SBS and Surrender before the album was released, so if he's 68.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom