disappointed that U2 didn't attend Live Earth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

When was the last time U2 previewed something, especially on TV, that wasn't on a released album yet?

picturerh6.jpg

:shrug:

My friend told me she was watchcng the news and saw my friend Bono at the Live Earth concert. I was like what venue and she said she didn't know but she was sure it was him because the news had his name under his picture. Does anyone know if Bono was spotted at any of the concerts? thanks

BonoVoxSupastar said:

What does that mean, what songs did they play in 2004 that weren't already on an album?:huh: :huh: :huh:

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
COBL
ABOY
SYCMIOYO
OOTS

:shrug: A bunch of HTDAAB was previewed before the album was ever released. I must be misunderstanding your question...

LemonMelon said:

Well, to be perfectly fair here, the album was done and on the way to the stores so these were teasers for the new release. That would definitely not have been the case for any new songs played now. Since they haven't even been willing to call what they are working on an album yet, it is very doubtfull that they would choses to play any of it.

Live Aid was at the end of the Unforgettable Fire tour and was one of four festival dates that they played immediately following their last tour date. Live Eight was during the Vertigo Tour. This event was six months from their last tour date so gearing up to play would have been a major production for them. And while Bono certainly could have just shown up and performed with someone else he is very aware of the potential for overloading if he takes on too many causes. He has stated very emphatically that the Poverty/AIDS work is what he will spend the rest of his life doing if necessary and has turned down many requests to get involved with other causes. Edge has Music Rising to focus on and Larry and Adam don't like the limelight so it makes perfect sense to me that they did not participate in Live Earth. Bono did speak to Gore regularly providing behind the scenes advise and consultation and I am sure they were lobbying very hard for him to appear but I am glad he stuck to his guns and stayed occupied elsewhere. Besides, he and Edge were busy with the lead up to the private reading of Spiderman.

Dana

LemonMelon said:

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
COBL
ABOY
SYCMIOYO
OOTS

:shrug: A bunch of HTDAAB was previewed before the album was ever released. I must be misunderstanding your question...

That's during a promo tour, I think that's different than the guys previewing a new song out of a blue, you know?

LemonMelon said:

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
COBL
ABOY
SYCMIOYO
OOTS

From my understanding the album name and song names were already released. The album was turned in. That was my point, that's why I added the "Especially one that doesn't even have a name or release date... ", guess I should have made myself clearer.

rihannsu said:

Well, to be perfectly fair here, the album was done and on the way to the stores so these were teasers for the new release. That would definitely not have been the case for any new songs played now. Since they haven't even been willing to call what they are working on an album yet, it is very doubtfull that they would choses to play any of it.

True. I was just being a bit too literal, I suppose. To answer the question that started this, I do believe U2 would never play a brand new song in between albums. There is no evidence to suggest that they would.

The last time U2 played a song on TV that at that stage was album-less was in January 1986, when they did Womanfish and an early Trip Through Your Wires on Irish TV.

Axver said:
The last time U2 played a song on TV that at that stage was album-less was in January 1986, when they did Womanfish and an early Trip Through Your Wires on Irish TV.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

When was the last time U2 previewed something, especially on TV, that wasn't on a released album yet? Especially one that doesn't even have a name or release date... :huh:

I'll give you a clue. You weren't born yet.

Winner. :up:

Axver said:

Ugh...that was an awful gig. :lol:

Still, I'd love to see another one like it someday. :up:

Wasn't Bono just in New York doing some sort of thing with Alicia Keys and her charity work? It wouldn't surprise me if he was at the Giants Stadium show.

You know, standing off stage, murmuring "Oh Alicia, you're brilliant. Oh Alicia, you're beautiful."

Oh, uh ... sorry. That was actually my dream last night. :sexywink:

toscano said:

Well, I attended the first ever performances of NYD, SBS and Surrender before the album was released, so if he's 68.........

glad you were taking note.

corianderstem said:
Wasn't Bono just in New York doing some sort of thing with Alicia Keys and her charity work? It wouldn't surprise me if he was at the Giants Stadium show.

You know, standing off stage, murmuring "Oh Alicia, you're brilliant. Oh Alicia, you're beautiful."

Oh, uh ... sorry. That was actually my dream last night. :sexywink:

:lol:

The facts are here, and the bigger rift seems to be between people who are ready, committed and educated on what changes are needed, and those who are just now lifting their heads out of the sand. None of us is perfect, but we all need to acknowledge the problem and act to address it before it becomes more serius and difficult to reverse.

I welcome your arguments, but please back them up with some evidence and research. Thanks. [/B]

There is as much evidence to argue that there is no global warming as there is arguments for global warming. A channel 4 programme recently broadcast in the UK gave many facts by scientists that argued against global warming theories. One FACT put forward in this programme was about the carbon levels in the atmosphere. Global warming 'experts' would have you believe that carbon is directly linked to temperatures rising where as there is reports that have shown carbon levels rise after temperatures have risen and not the other way round. So how can carbon levels cause the temperatures to rise if carbon levels go up AFTER temperatures have risen surely the data would show it the other way round. This was shown on the channel 4 programme called "The big global warming swindle" and included many leading scientists who were sceptical of global warming. The earths temperatures have risen and dropped in the past so why is it that now it has to be man made carbon emissions that cause it. What a lot of people forget is that the big ball of fire in the sky is the thing that controls our temperatures on this planet and not us. Solar activity and the Sun is the main reason for what happens on this planet and not if some fuc#ker turns his heating down!:wink:

rjhbonovox said:

There is as much evidence to argue that there is no global warming as there is arguments for global warming.

This statement is just purely false.

I doubt you'll find many who claim there is no global warming at all, now there is a small minority of scientists that believe human's have no cause in it, but they are a small minority.

rjhbonovox said:

There is as much evidence to argue that there is no global warming as there is arguments for global warming. A channel 4 programme recently broadcast in the UK gave many facts by scientists that argued against global warming theories. One FACT put forward in this programme was about the carbon levels in the atmosphere. Global warming 'experts' would have you believe that carbon is directly linked to temperatures rising where as there is reports that have shown carbon levels rise after temperatures have risen and not the other way round. So how can carbon levels cause the temperatures to rise if carbon levels go up AFTER temperatures have risen surely the data would show it the other way round. This was shown on the channel 4 programme called "The big global warming swindle" and included many leading scientists who were sceptical of global warming. The earths temperatures have risen and dropped in the past so why is it that now it has to be man made carbon emissions that cause it. What a lot of people forget is that the big ball of fire in the sky is the thing that controls our temperatures on this planet and not us. Solar activity and the Sun is the main reason for what happens on this planet and not if some fuc#ker turns his heating down!:wink:

Please provide us a link. Otherwise I'm inclined to agree that this is purely false. Channel 4... I don't know where you live nor which Channel 4 you're talking about...

I'm sure that if the world gets hotter (or colder?), evolution will make new animals to replace the ones that go extinct. That's what scientists claim has happened in the past, right? But the same people that believe in evolution so strongly are the ones whining the loudest about climate change. What's up with that?

:corn:

Last edited:
Rachel D. said:
I'm sure that if the world gets hotter (or colder?), evolution will make new animals to replace the ones that go extinct. That's what scientists claim has happened in the past, right? But the same people that believe in evolution so strongly are the ones whining the loudest about climate change. What's up with that?

:corn:

This has to be the worse argument against global warming.

The point is that if humanity is causing global warming to accelerate it would change too fast to evolve.

Some of you need to open a science book.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

This has to be the worse argument against global warming.

The point is that if humanity is causing global warming to accelerate it would change too fast to evolve.

Some of you need to open a science book.

:lmao: It's like throwing rocks at a hornet's nest!

:camera:

Rachel D. said:

:lmao: It's like throwing rocks at a hornet's nest!

:camera:

Actually your comment was just a vague attack against people who don't believe in some 6 day biblical myth. I could ask you why people who believe in God are so adamantly afraid of death that they have to keep the braindead on feeding tubes? It would be the same kind of loaded question you asked.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I could ask you why people who believe in God are so adamantly afraid of death that they have to keep the braindead on feeding tubes?

:eyebrow: What does belief in an afterlife have to do with euthanasia? Nothing, last time I checked. If anything, believers in an afterlife should be less afraid of death...as a matter of fact, most of the ones I know are indeed quite fearless of it...at least on the surface. The reason some are reluctant to let go of their loved ones is because it'll be on their conscience that they helped assist in their death. It may be illogical, but that's how it seems to be. :slant:

This whole discussion is terribly off-topic, however, and you have no one to blame but yourself if the thread gets closed. :tsk:

LemonMelon said:

:eyebrow: What does belief in an afterlife have to do with euthanasia? Nothing, last time I checked. If anything, believers in an afterlife should be less afraid of death...

That was my point.:|

It was the same kind of loaded question of bringing evolution in the mix. The two have nothing to do with each other, but it's a tactic for those who don't have the facts to try and debunk the idea.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

That was my point.:|

It was the same kind of loaded question of bringing evolution in the mix. The two have nothing to do with each other, but it's a tactic for those who don't have the facts to try and debunk the idea.

Ah yes, distraction to avoid confrontation...

Well, now. I do believe we should just sit here quietly and wait for the inevitable. :lock:

Unless someone wishes to talk about U2, or even Al Gore's strange ability to be seemingly everywhere at once... :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom