Dirty Day vs Beautiful Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dirty Day.

Such a great song. The Zooropa version, the Bitter Kiss Mix, and of course the ZooTV Live versions. All great. 'Those days, days, days, run away like horses over the hills' is one of my favorite outros, the riff is infectious, the lyrics are great, and the whole band's delivery is great.

1 Dirty Day Live
2 Beautiful Day Album
3 Dirty Day Album
4 Beautiful Day Live

Dirty Day by a mile. Lyrically, it has so much more substance. Unless I'm in the right mood, Beautiful Day tends to get on my nerves. :reject:

Axver said:
ANOTHER DAY!!!

How this thread was not called Dirty Day vs Beautiful Day vs Another Day is a disgrace. Another Day is a terrific song.

My vote goes to Beautiful Day, mainly because Dirty Day sounds so restrianed on the album, even in the chorusy part, and the father to son bit annoys me.

Dirty Day.
Love Bono's calm baritone contrasted with the creepy falsettos. His chilling lyrics are perfectly suited to the dark musical performance. I love the studio version. If I had to pick a word to describe the mood of this track, it would be dread.

Like Beautiful Day a lot. It's an ironic and euphoric anthem, but something inside me clicks with Dirty Day.

Back
Top Bottom