Dirty Day or Exit into Gone NEXT TOUR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clawgrabber said:
they will never play exit again. It is an amazing song, but since it became the subject of controversy in the Rebecca Schaeffer murder trial (her killer said the song inspired him to commit the crime), it will most likely never make another U2 setlist.

I would agree, but how to explain that she was murdered in July of 1989, Bardo said the song inspried the act right after it was committed. Then, three months later, 10/14/89, Exit was in the setlist for a Lovetown show in Melbourne. I do not think they have chosen not to play it because of this, rather, I think it is just a casualty buried deep in a great album-like trip through your wires,In God's Country and Ultraviolet for AB. There are superstitious explanations given by fans against playing Exit again, both fall apart when examined closer:
1.)Bono broke his arm in DC in Sep 1987 during this song when he slipped on a wet stage. Hence the sling for a month of shows on JT and the reason they do not touch this song now: Sounds good, until you look at the 3 months worth of shows until tour close in Tempe, Arizona at which Exit was played nightly.
2.)The murder of Rebecca Shaeffer: See above. Also, Bono brushed it off as the musings of a crazy killer and an overzealous and desperate defense attorney at one point.

I think Exit has as good a chance as any of coming back next tour.

I think for U2's very last tour, they should play every studio album song just so every fan gets what they ever wanted. :)

ha.

:wink:

You think the fans would be pleased or some would say the sequence wasn't the sequence they preferred?:angry:

dbs

Dirty Day on the Sydney DVD is what finally hooked me onto Zooropa... :drool: It's one of those songs that gains about fifty extra awesome dimensions live.

*makes note to get the Adelaide version*

That having been said, I would sell important body parts to witness Exit live.
Exit -> Dirty Day -> Gone would kill me, in the best possible way. :combust:

I really hope that U2 opens up the setlist on this next tour. Like Pearl Jam does. You never now what song is coming next.I would love to hear Exit or Dirty Day live.

... I wouldn't need "Gone" at all. "Exit" and "Dirty Day" switching from night to night on a guaranteed spot in the setlists just would be perfect ...

Back
Top Bottom