dilema

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monke

The Fly
the next album whenever it comes out, there are two choices:

the last one, on par with the greats, the one album u2 is remembered for, forget the joshua tree, whats achtung, this is the best, and very out there, experimental

or

4 more ATYCLB/HTDAAB-ish albums, of course great popularaty, massive tours, the usual

disscus?!

Can I choose the best album ever in the style of ATYCLB...meaning, the quintessential perfect, emotional pop/rock album. That would be my choice. But, if you one of your options, I'd go with number 2

jay canseco said:
A doo-wop album.:uhoh:

That would be fantastic. Or at least a kind of neo-doo-wop album would kick. Just look at what Lou Reed and the Velvets did with that shit, you know? They built an entire brief, but highly influential, career by riffing on doo-wop sensibilities, structures, and arrangements. I'd be all over them shits, in theory.

I'd love a number one, but if they did make an album like that I'd worry they'd break up after it as there'd be nothing left to do.

Hmm, let's see - the greatest U2 album ever released which would completely overshadow Achtung and JT or 4 ATYCLB/HTDAAB albums?

At first, I obviously wanted to pick the first one, but then I remembered that HTDAAB stomps all over ATYCLB, so if all 4 of the next albums make as much progress as HTDAAB did as opposed to ATYCLB, we'd probably have some of U2's best albums anyway. And I still feel that U2 haven't gotten as much as they could out of their newest sound.

Blah, it's actually tougher than I initially thought it would be. I'd probably go for the first option though. Because if an album can be better than The Joshua Tree, it would probably be the greatest album of all time.

..But then I'm really intrigued by the second option, too. :sad:

I'd take a single classic album because they just don't happen very often, and they are so much more rewarding.

I would take the four great albums!

I thought ATYCLB and HTDAAB were both awesome, so I would be well happy with another four like them! :up:

U2DMfan said:
Baseball euphemism:

If given the choice. I'd rather have a grand slam than 10 singles.

I'd go with the four albums because while a grand slam is 4 runs, 10 singles are 7 runs.

Joey788 said:

I'd go with the four albums because while a grand slam is 4 runs, 10 singles are 7 runs.

Also, a grand slam only counts as one hit when computated into your batting average, and four singles would count as four, thereby improving your batting average much more than one grand slam. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom