Different track order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Back when I was still in India, I had a cassette of the Joshua Tree which looked like this:

1. where the streets have no name
2. i still haven't found what i'm looking for
3. with or without you
4. bullet the blue sky
5. one tree hill (w/ great ocean, great sea bit)
6. running to stand still
7. red hill mining town
8. in god's country
9. trip thru your wires
10. exit
11. mothers of the disappeared

Was this the order only on international editions or something? Does anyone know, maybe you australasians... axver, beli? :wink:

My War tape looked like this:

1. sunday bloody sunday
2. seconds
3. new years day
4. like a song
5. 40
6. drowning man
7. refugee
8. two hearts beat as one
9. red light
10. surrender

I think I like that JT order better than the actual one. That 'great ocean' bit always felt out of place at the beginning of Exit.

Last edited:
No, they weren't bootlegs. They were the original album casettes with the copywrited and protected symbols, the name of the record company affiliate in Bombay and everything. Maybe yimou will know, he's from Denmark.

I checked u2wanderer.org's detailed discography with pictures of foreign pressings and even they don't have info on this. :huh:

Sure it wasn't a bootleg done extremely well to look like the real thing?

Axver said:
Sure it wasn't a bootleg done extremely well to look like the real thing?
that's what i was thinking. i know a lot of countries produce a lot of bootlegs (i think india may be one of them, i can't remember). that japan site i linked you to lists bootlegs for their albums and the one noticeable thing is they'll get an song title wrong or they'll mix up the track listing.

is the artwork the same?

Some Balinese/Indonesian bootlegs (which can be very high quality) change the tracklistings a little to get a better continuity on tape length, ie: so that the a-side is almost the same duration as the b-side.

KhanadaRhodes said:

is the artwork the same?

You know what... The cover for that JT cassette was the same pic as the US gatefold one, four of them facing the camera, Bono in his a-shirt, you can see the tree between Bono's and Adam's heads. The War cassette had the same picture as here.

Zootlesque said:
Back when I was still in India, I had a cassette of the Joshua Tree which looked like this:

1. where the streets have no name
2. i still haven't found what i'm looking for
3. with or without you
4. bullet the blue sky
5. one tree hill (w/ great ocean, great sea bit)
6. running to stand still
7. red hill mining town
8. in god's country
9. trip thru your wires
10. exit
11. mothers of the disappeared

Was this the order only on international editions or something? Does anyone know, maybe you australasians... axver, beli? :wink:

My War tape looked like this:

1. sunday bloody sunday
2. seconds
3. new years day
4. like a song
5. 40
6. drowning man
7. refugee
8. two hearts beat as one
9. red light
10. surrender

I think I like that JT order better than the actual one. That 'great ocean' bit always felt out of place at the beginning of Exit.

im sure this was done for the sake of better continuity once you flipped the cassette. Even the Zooropa order was different...

1. Zooropa
2. babyface
3. Numb
4. Stay
5. Daddys goona pay....
6. Lemon
7. SDABTO
8. TFT
9. DD
10. The wanderer

but now you get different tapes which have the same order as on cd. Those are authentic, as im sure were the ones which you were talking about.

Re: Re: Different track order

D'oh! said:

im sure this was done for the sake of better continuity once you flipped the cassette. Even the Zooropa order was different...

1. Zooropa
2. babyface
3. Numb
4. Stay
5. Daddys goona pay....
6. Lemon
7. SDABTO
8. TFT
9. DD
10. The wanderer

but now you get different tapes which have the same order as on cd. Those are authentic, as im sure were the ones which you were talking about.

Ah! I was wondering where you were! I've always been curious where in India you're from. Anyway, you know what I mean then. Did you ever have that JT tape with the different cover pic? (hard plastic cover)

Back
Top Bottom