differences between HTDAAB versions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

typhoon

New Yorker
Anyone notice that the deluxe edition (and I assume the imports) has an extra twenty seconds of silence after "Yahweh"? The song is 4:21 on the standard edition and 4:41 on the deluxe (although the liners on both say it's 4:22). Makes "Fast Cars" almost seem like one of those hidden tracks some albums have ('cept it's listed).

On the same note, is it just me, or is "Fast Cars" substantially quieter than the rest of the album? I always have to turn it up a bit. Not quite as obvious as, say, "Exit" or "Long, Long, Long," but definitely noticeable.

DISCUSS.

Last edited:
yeah, that 20sec silence is pretty annoying :)
but I think Fast Cars are loud enough (I don't turn up the volume)

MrBrau1 said:
You couldn't just say the Beatles song?

That's what I'm wondering, especially since every other song he mentioned were U2 songs.

Beatles songs don't need introductions. It's like:

Me: The Mona Lisa is neat.
MrBrau: Mona Lisa? WHOSE MONA LISA?!
Me: Da Vinci's, fool.
MrBrau: WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT TO BEGIN WITH?!

How many unusually quiet songs named "Long, Long, Long" do you know anyway?

80sU2isBest said:

That's what I'm wondering, especially since every other song he mentioned were U2 songs.

I know. It's like he forgot he was on a U2 board, in a U2 section of the forum, mentioning U2 songs.

Mr. Brau, I keep picturing you as this pissed off old guy, thanks to your avatar. Plus you sound pretty pissed off in your posts too. :lol:

Zootlesque said:
Mr. Brau, I keep picturing you as this pissed off old guy, thanks to your avatar. Plus you sound pretty pissed off in your posts too. :lol:

I am pissed off. It appears myself, along with a few others, are going to be left out of the presale. In U2's eyes I'm an "acceptable loss." Thanks Larry!

typhoon said:
How many unusually quiet songs named "Long, Long, Long" do you know anyway?

None. It shouldn't just be assumed that everyone is familiar with Beatles songs. I personally have no interest in their music and didn't have the faintest clue what song you were talking about.

Oh, don't be so technical. We all know that the Beatles are the greatest band ever :reject: ........... along with U2 of course!!!

Yes, let's pause for a moment of recognition for The Beatles and their amazing awesomeness.

Zootlesque said:
We all know that the Beatles are the greatest band ever

I find it amusing how this opinion has become commonly accepted 'fact' and none are allowed to dissent.

Axver said:

I find it amusing how this opinion has become commonly accepted 'fact' and none are allowed to dissent.

You already said you haven't the faintest clue what "Long Long Long" was, so you obviously haven't listened to them enough to form a reasonable opinion.

U2 is my favorite band, but I don't see how anyone who's really given the Beatles a chance could not agree that what they were able to do in about 4 years is nothing short of amazing and will likely never be done again. They crossed over different styles and were pioneers in using technology with music. They recorded some of the most widely acclaimed albums in rock in roll history-- Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Peppers... The White Album and Abbey Road-- in only 4 years! This is why they are regarded as the best band ever.

Last edited:
Yep, their creativity over such a short period of time was incredible. U2 would never, ever have happened without the Beatles to plough the furrow before them.

Its like U2 going from Boy to Achtung Baby in the same period of time and also doing what was on those albums before anyone else!

ImOuttaControl said:

You already said you haven't the faintest clue what "Long Long Long" was, so you obviously haven't listened to them enough to form a reasonable opinion.

U2 is my favorite band, but I don't see how anyone who's really given the Beatles a chance could not agree that what they were able to do in about 4 years is nothing short of amazing and will likely never be done again. They crossed over different styles and were pioneers in using technology with music. They recorded some of the most widely acclaimed albums in rock in roll history-- Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Peppers... The White Album and Abbey Road-- in only 4 years! This is why they are regarded as the best band ever.

Oh, I've heard plenty of their music (who hasn't?); I just found it bland and unappealling so I didn't pay attention to the song names. Sure, maybe they did some innovative stuff and pumped out a lot of material, but that doesn't make their music even remotely interesting to me.

Axver said:

Oh, I've heard plenty of their music (who hasn't?); I just found it bland and unappealling so I didn't pay attention to the song names. B]

Axver, the Beatles had a huge influence on U2. You are quite entitled to your opinion in terms of not liking the Beatles music but their influence on music generally, and U2 specifically, has to be recognised.

First of all, I can't tell you how pleased I am that I started a Beatles appreciation thread completely by accident.

Second, you can not like the Beatles all you, uh, like, but you should be able to catch a casual reference to them in a music discussion (and it's not like the White Album is some obscure bootleg or something).

It's like quoting Shakespeare in a discussion about literature or alluding to the Bible in a discussion about sheep-herding. This is Pop Culture 101, folks.

I think the Beatles are slightly overrated IMO. They've made some good albums and great songs I've listened to some of them, but I just don't know what all this greatness about them is. Was it because they were the first band to be popular? :shrug:

Last edited:
It's because they were the first band ever to do...well everything...and do it in such a short period of time...perfectly.

Beatles are to Sgt Pepper as U2 are to ZooTV:drool:

yeah, I just had to take the SAT so the freakin' analogies are stuck in my head:wink:

Why not just go 1 step further in your snot fest, and say track 4, or track 8. I mean, it's so obvious, who needs song names?

Even better, put a little foil hat on, and beam your thoughts to everyone, it's just so obvious.

Last edited:
Why don't you get the cucumber out of your ass and stop arguing over four inoffensive words?

You can also get a sense of humor, a sense of humility, and some elementary knowledge of twentieth century popular music, but the cucumber removal is the major thing.

typhoon said:
Why don't you get the cucumber out of your ass and stop arguing over four inoffensive words?

You can also get a sense of humor, a sense of humility, and some elementary knowledge of twentieth century popular music, but the cucumber removal is the major thing.

Good one. The cucumber was a nice touch.

PS- Your thread sucks.

Back
Top Bottom