Did you see Rattle & Hum in the theaters or only DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
theedge111 said:
For the longest time, before the theater closed, The Paramount in Edmonton would play R&H once a month Saturday at midnight, it was so cool!

I remember that! :up:
It's too bad what the place has become. :down:

Hey, I saw it at the Paramount too, though it wasn't opening night, and I went all alone 'cos I didn't have a friend who was a fan (yea, how sad) but originally I was supposed to see it on a "date" then stupidly told the guy I just wanted to be friends :banghead: so I ended up alone :( but that's a story for Zoo Confessions!!
I must've already moved away when they started playing it every Sat. Bummer! And yea, too bad about the theatre--I loved it! It's not the same travelling to the outskirts of the city to go and see a flick!:madspit:

VHS, back in 1992 when my Dad went out and bought it for me. My best friend at the time and I went with her parents up north for the 4th of July weekend, and no joke, we had that sucker in the vcr the entire weekend.

I finally got to see it in the theatre when I was in Toronto in 2003 during the InTO The Heart fanfest. I was blown away. :love:

I went to a special "Post Premier" screening on the evening of the London Premier in Leicester Square. We saw the band arrive and leave (unfortunately the Police stopped any sort of concert outside the Theatre). There must have been a couple of thousand people there.

After the band left, there was a midnight screening for fans. The Theatre was full and there was a great atmosphere. Not quite like being at a concert, but the next best thing.

As good as the DVD is, it does not come close to seeing it in the cinema.

DVD last year. i discovered U2 a couple of years ago and as any of the so-called 'new' U2 fans or latecomers will understand, i was going through the exciting 'collect all of their albums/DVDs' period lol.

R & H was great. esp the the performance of 'Exit'

I saw it in theatre, but it was some years after it came out.

1stepcloser said:
i discovered U2 a couple of years ago and as any of the so-called 'new' U2 fans or latecomers will understand, i was going through the exciting 'collect all of their albums/DVDs' period lol.

:yes:. I'm still like that...there's still certain things out there I have yet to get that I want to get so badly.

Originally posted by 1stepcloser
R & H was great. esp the the performance of 'Exit'

That was a cool performance. My two personal favorites were the "Bullet The Blue Sky" one and the "Sunday Bloody Sunday" one (that speech...man, when I heard that, I was like, "Yeah, Bono! You tell 'em!").

Angela

ha ha. there was something about the performance of MLK that i really liked. probably the end where the camera goes behind Bono and you can see the whole crowd in the darkness with the lighters out. just a cool image really....

I downloaded the show through biTorrent :reject: It was okay. Not a hardcore fan of the Joshua Tree/Lovetown tour (or whatever the hell you called it), but it was okay. Alright people, you can spank me now..........:|

I saw it opening day at the first matinee at the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. Sad to say it was only a third full. Paramount lost money on the theatrical release of the film and it's not the most cohesive movie ever made but loved watching it on the big screen in Dolby surround sound.

Ahh, the good ol'days. I remember walking across campus in my freshman college year to get to the theater downtown. Then of course dragging my 13 year old sister along again at Christmas time. 30 ft. Bono...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom