Did you hear about this!?!?! Larry offering to drum for Garbage!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Just saw this article at Radio 1....so dunno if you all have seen it.....but here goes....

Garbage recruit Larry Mullen Jnr?
Updated: 15 Nov 2001

Garbage played a special one-off low key gig in London last night (Weds) without their drummer - the legendary former Nirvana producer, Butch Vig.

He's recovering from Hepatitis A which he apparently contracted whilst on tour with U2 in the States last month.

Replacement drummer, Matt Chamberlain, stood in for Butch yesterday but Shirley said they had an amazing offer from U2's drummer Larry Mullen:

"When Butch got struck down and laid in hospital, Larry was the first up there saying, 'I'll play. I don't want you to have to cancel any shows.'"

"I thought that was an amazing offer - so generous."

She told Radio 1 whilst both bands are great mates now, she wasn't that impressed before touring with them:

"I've never been a huge fan until the last few weeks when I've become rabid!"

That would be quite something if the offer by Larry was really taken up wouldnt it?

I dont recall Larry making an offer like this before.... if you have heard this before let me know......

dougal

how cool is that? Larry...he's the man.
smile.gif

He just wanted to get closer to Shirley. She's pretty sexy.

~ME 3

Larry? oh yeah the guy who looked straight into my eyes and smiled at me from the heart ramp at earls court,shame I'm a male cos I could of flashed my tits at him if I was female! lmao! Still....it was nice to be acknowledge by a band member even if its just a smile.
smile.gif

Originally posted by bonovista:
Thumbs up for Larry!!

Larry%20mullenww.jpg

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

He needs to fill in for them in St. Louis so I can get a nice double-dose of sexy.

------------------
And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what

Back
Top Bottom