Did you do your (RED) thing today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:

Only the red inspired t is made in africa. The red project isn't supposed to have all products made in africa. Its just so the money spent on these products will help support the global fund.

I just bought a white HAMME(RED) t-shirt from the GAP today and it says: "MADE IN AFRICA FROM 100% AFRICAN COTTON"

and on Oprah Bono mentioned that there is a dignity in this because the Africans who work to make these t-shirts are essentially paying for their drugs! That was after they showed the clip of the GAP factory in Africa where 1/3 of the workers were sick.

bort269 said:

I just bought a white HAMME(RED) t-shirt from the GAP today and it says: "MADE IN AFRICA FROM 100% AFRICAN COTTON"

and on Oprah Bono mentioned that there is a dignity in this because the Africans who work to make these t-shirts are essentially paying for their drugs! That was after they showed the clip of the GAP factory in Africa where 1/3 of the workers were sick.

and I had to celebrate my first (RED) purchase!

278918258_87008adff2.jpg

bort269 said:

Thanks for the update :wink:

I have the Olive-green DESI(RED) T-shirt and it says it was made in Losotho, Africa.

I want that jean jacket 4 the Holidays!!!!

And I'm waiting on the RED INSPI(RED) shirt 2 b available in my size.

OMG I'm proud of the dutch music channel TMF :D (www.tmf.nl, beware it's dutch)
They have an ad for (RED) on their site! I think it's pretty cool, now I hope (Product) RED will be launched in Holland soon! I want to buy stuf!

When I went to pick up my kids from school today, one of the moms I am friendly with, had on the light weight white sweater and inspired shirt. I told her I was sooooo proud of her. She said see how you rub off on people? :wink: That made me happy.

OK now I am really burning in hell! I just bought the candle AND the red hooded sweatshirt with Inspired on the back. I think I'll return the t-shirt if I can find the reciept :crack:

JCoster I just bought all this at the Merrick Gap 10 minutes ago :happy:

one4u2 said:
OK now I am really burning in hell! I just bought the candle AND the red hooded sweatshirt with Inspired on the back. I think I'll return the t-shirt if I can find the reciept :crack:

JCoster I just bought all this at the Merrick Gap 10 minutes ago :happy:

You should have told me I could have met you and went to Lengos for some ice cream!

JCOSTER said:

You should have told me I could have met you and went to Lengos for some ice cream!

I should have! I'm still here, but I'm at a friends house. I'm in Merrick alot, I will give you a heads up next time and we should meet!

By the way the Gap had ALOT! :shifty:

one4u2 said:

I should have! I'm still here, but I'm at a friends house. I'm in Merrick alot, I will give you a heads up next time and we should meet!

By the way the Gap had ALOT! :shifty:

I would love too!

I had gotten my white hoodie last week in Roosevelt Field. I can't buy anymore red stuff until the next batch of new items arrive.

Does anybody of you have an idea when the Converse site restocks? I finally annoyed my mother enough so I can buy them online :D

JCOSTER said:

I would love too!

I had gotten my white hoodie last week in Roosevelt Field. I can't buy anymore red stuff until the next batch of new items arrive.

They had a whole slew of 'new' stuff in :wink:

Naomi Watts supports exercise – and Bono's Project Red campaign benefiting AIDS research – as she's spotted leaving a London gym on Tuesday. The Aussie actress has been on location in the U.K. filming Eastern Promises.

naomi_watts.jpg

JCOSTER said:

The sales people also told me that the RED merchandise is NOT RETURNABLE!!!!! Because half goes to charity.

Not true! I return a hoodie that my son didn't want. I bought it in NYC and returned in at my local Gap too.

kassandra said:

Not true! I return a hoodie that my son didn't want. I bought it in NYC and returned in at my local Gap too.

Good to know cause I bought my son the converse sneakers and not sure if he will like them for christmas. I guess the people at the gap in merrick really don't know what they are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom