Did U2 ever cover Creep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
I just downloaded a file off Kazaa called "U2 - Creep (Live Radiohead Cover)". It sounds definitely like Bono during most of the verses, but the chorus is definitely not him. It sounds a little bit like Van Diemen's Land Edge, but I can't really tell.

Is this U2? And if so, is that Edge?

I've heard it too, I'm pretty sure it's not U2. For instance when would they have covered it? In the 90's someone would have commented on it, and there would be a record of it. It's not like the early years which are poorly documented. Something like this would have gotten a fair amount of attention. Plus U2 doesn't cover any bands of recent vintage, at least to my knowledge.

Yeah, as far as I know, Bono has only done a line of the song, with the crunchy guitar part by Edge, inserted into Elevation (the song) live. If it's more than that then it must be someone else.

yertle-the-turtle said:
bono used to sing one line and then edge would do the funky guitar thingy. it was during 'elevation'.
That was always my favorite bit of it live:

"...won't you tell me something new, I believe in yooooouuuu...

"...but I'm a creep."

*crunch*

typhoon said:

That was always my favorite bit of it live:

"...won't you tell me something new, I believe in yooooouuuu...

"...but I'm a creep."

*crunch*

Yep, love that. They did that at one of my shows...can't remember which one though, haha.

Wel it works because of the crunch in Elevation. Fits just perfectly.

Funny thing about the crunch in Creep though is that it came about solely cause Johnny Greenwood didn't like the way the song was going so he tried ****ing it up with the crunch.

Back
Top Bottom