Did shady faux Bono fool U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
Inqlings: Did shady faux Bono fool U2?
By Michael Klein

Inquirer Columnist

What in the name of love was Bono doing in town last weekend?
It wasn't Bono.

The wrap-shaded guy in black leather was Pavel Sfera, a Bono impersonator who had sung at the Saturday-night wedding of South Jersey U2 fans Karen and Martin Smith at the Ben Franklin. (So it was in the name of love.)

Sfera caused heads to turn Monday at the Marathon Grill at 16th and Sansom Streets. He said staff and customers had approached him with sweet nothings of "Are you?" and "I love that Joshua Tree album."

His response was a smile. "I had some fun with them," Sfera said by phone from his next stop, Kansas City, Mo., where he appeared with other celeb impersonators for Sam's Club. Sfera, who emigrated as a baby from Yugoslavia with his Romanian parents in 1969, is based in L.A.; check out his Web site, www.bonolookalike.com. He and his band do two to five appearances a month, plus charity dates.

Sfera said he didn't try to mislead people - even when they deserved to be fooled: "I mean, I'm talking and they ask, 'Do you usually drop your Irish accent in public?' "

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20080210_Inqlings__Did_shady_faux_Bono_fool_U2_.html

:eyebrow:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Why is this news?:huh:

I understand your point and agree.

My problem is that he's still doing what he's doing, he won't stop, and he's still being a jerk about it.

He gives nice faux Bono guys a bad name. I know a few other Bono impersonators, and they are totally against how he handles himself.

He just needs to stop.

Period.

i suppose you're right.

i'm currently furious at my fellow canadians who continuously spell words the american way.

centre
colour
favourite

the list goes on and on.

please reverse your r's, and insert your u's.

thank you.

Zoomerang96 said:
i suppose you're right.

i'm currently furious at my fellow canadians who continuously spell words the american way.

centre
colour
favourite

the list goes on and on.

please reverse your r's, and insert your u's.

thank you.

Here is a question for you:

Do you mind Americans that use some of the above?

ha, no way. spread the wealth.

you revolted against his royal majesty, you're free to do as you please. :wink:

Thanks....your openness towards my potential usage of "favour" makes it doubly hard for me to lead the invasion of Canada, but, as I've said time and again, it's simply an idea whose time has arrived.

My plan is to take Winnipeg, but then give the city the Jets back, fuck Phoenix, so, my stewardship (I am only going to rule until we find a suitable long-term leader) will be marked by fairness and a love of hockey.

coolian2 said:
The world needs more use of the letter 'u'.

And more 'manoeuvre' while we're at it. It just looks so cool. Much better than that 'maneuver' sack of dull crap.

"oe", people. "oe". And "ae".

Is it a ship containing archaeological artifacts? Is it painted pretty colours? I do hope nobody onboard is missing an oesophagus.

Axver said:
Is it a ship containing archaeological artifacts? Is it painted pretty colours? I do hope nobody onboard is missing an oesophagus.

You and your buddy Coolian were both rais(ed) on an ass farm.

Oh, sorry, wroung thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom