Did I Waste It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeVox

War Child
It's summer, I can taste the salty sea
There's a kite blowing out of control on the breeze
I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

Anyone feel that this is going to happen to them?
Life passes you by????

Yes. It already has.

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

no

I limit myself to my capacities
and every day I learn a bit about the things I'm capable of

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Once in awhile.
eek.gif

No way! Not yet anyway! Somedays are of course, better than others, but I really try to live my life to its fullest.
I am a dreamer and I follow them... Nothing's gonna pass this girlie by. At least not until I am too tired to stay ahead of the game.

Sometimes. This song makes me think a lot. It does scare me at times too, but the optimistic person that I am, I don't think I wasted it.
wink.gif

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Yes. It already has.

Awww...why?
frown.gif

Well I'm too young to have wasted my entire life, but I have wasted a lot. Like the first 3 years of high school. I'm less wasteful these days, but I still feel a little lacking in some areas.

Originally posted by EdgeVox:
It's summer, I can taste the salty sea
There's a kite blowing out of control on the breeze
I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

This always makes me think of losing people in my life. Not so much me losing myself, but best friends for instance. And I don't think it matters if your young, old, decrepid, what have you. For me its the fear of "wasting" it with others or our relationship not being "fragrant, rooftop to the basement."

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

originally posted by tackleberry:
For me its the fear of "wasting" it with others or our relationship not being "fragrant, rooftop to the basement."

My thoughts precisely. Unfortunetaly I would use the word terror instead of fear...

Life passing me by? God, no!!

If one has a series of expectations like:
  • I hope to be married when I'm xx years old.
  • I hope to have my first child by xx years old.
  • I hope to have my own home by xx years old.
  • I hope to graduate by xx years old.
  • I hope to have this much money saved by xx years old.
then you will definitely feel disappointed when those juvenille dreams don't become reality.

Just because "all of your friends" seem to have done this ITEM X already or your family thought you would have done ITEM Z by now, doesn't mean one thing as far as your life is concerned.

Live your life for yourself - and enjoy the ride. But if you aren't happy about where things are going - take charge! Only you can make a difference. Take more classes! Move! Change jobs! Break-up! Lose weight! Whatever change you feel needs to be done - do it. And I'll tell you this now -it will not be easy. Sorry, that's the way life is. Making any change is tough. But if it's what you want to do, then it definitely is worth it.

I have certainly had those fears at times, and I'm sure many see me as having wasted my life because I live what they would consider an alternative lifestyle that doesn't fit into their definition of "success." But as I've gotten older, it doesn't matter to me. I do my thing and it works for me. And it changes all the time.

Oh, and, yeah, what doctorwho said.

take life one step at a time, do what you can, and don't worry about what is out of your control.
life won't pass any of us by.

Originally posted by dizzy:

Awww...why?
frown.gif

I don't feel like posting my sad story, but thanks for caring. I DID waste it. I hope no one else will.
frown.gif

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

Dreamers suck.

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Originally posted by Zoocifer:
Dreamers suck.

~z~

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Originally posted by SkeeK:
but I have wasted a lot. Like the first 3 years of high school.

Wait, you mean you weren't supposed to waste those? And how about your fourth year, 'cos yeah, I'm wasting that as we speak--er I mean type!!

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

doctorwho should be a motivational speaker, seriously, when I read his post I just feel so CHARGED!!! And I agree with every bit of it. It's hard to keep that mind-set, I'll admit and provide living proof of that.

To answer your question, EdgeVox, you haven't wasted it. As far as I'm concerned you're a thriving actor with ambitions
wink.gif

Hey, big thanks to Bebe and DoctorWho...
"thriving actor", eh? Woohoo big ego boost..
I started this thread after I had had a little bit too much to drink and was feeling philosophical...I'm only 21 and I'm overflowing with ambitions and ideas, yet my biggest fear is to end up with just that ideas and regrets...everytime I listen to Kite I get reminded of that awesome John Lennon quote, "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"....we have to remind ourselves on a daily basis that we're only here for a short while and we've got to make the best of it...in december I'm planning to move to New York City for a year, to find out whether or not I'm good enough to make a living at what I love...isn't that what it's about? to do what you love? I refuse to allow myself to be mediocre and mundane...I don't want to be ordinary..I think that's all...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom