Did Bono really say this to a fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, my boss is also responsible for paying me, still I don't have to take every shit from him and permanently kiss his ass. I can still get angry at someone paying me.

That is one of the most bizarre analogies I have read in this forum.

And Carrie Anderson, ever heard of this thing called sarcasm?

That is one of the most bizarre analogies I have read in this forum.

And Carrie Anderson, ever heard of this thing called sarcasm?

:lol: :lol: Of course I have.... I thought I was using it!!! Are you really asking me that! :ohmy: Did you think I really thought there was a U2 edition..... :rofl:

Zootlesque... are you in a bad mood? If so.... here, have this :hug:

You've mentioned me missing his sarcasm twice now. If I missed it, maybe that is not my fault but his. Emoticons are usually used to signify the tone of a post, and he used none. I was reacting to the general tone of the posts on here knocking Bono. If I mistook Mikal for being one of those knocking him, I apologise.... but certainly not for what I posted.

OK, I´ve got the point ..Next tour I´ll put a timer in my cell phone to know exactly WHEN I can take a picture of him or I´ll ask him: - "Bono, may I" ??

Now that would be hilarious (and annoying as all hell :wink: ). I can just see a whole bunch of fans on the floor waving their hands and yelling "Bono! Bono! Bono!! Can I take your picture now?? Can I take your picture now?? Please, please, please!!!" the entire show. :lol:

for the record Carrie, i was completely fucking around there. sorry for the confustion.

:mad: Acrobat, since you say Bono is just a , "Fucking egocentric rock star." why ar you a member here?

Because he is the lead singer of my favorite band. He's my favorite singer. My favorite songwriter. His humanitarian work goes above and beyond. I admire the man greatly.

However, one can't deny Bono has an ego.

for the record Carrie, i was completely fucking around there. sorry for the confustion.

Please don't apologise. I think I got carried away on the people who WERE serious, and your "crime" :) was posting that just at the wrong time and your post was the last one before mine. To be honest I wasn't sure if it was real or not, and the last sentence kind of puzzled me. About the fly crawling on African kids..... It kind of creeped me out, but hey, that's my problem. :ohmy:

So anyway.... do you want a :hug: too??? :)

A hug solves everything these days! That's what we need in EYKIW. A discussion gets too heated up and personal attacks start flying around... Bam! Everyone hugs and there's nothing but warm fuzzies all around! Brilliant plan even if I say so myself.

I´m NOT perfect and i´m very far from that and either Bono. I can´t even hit and A, B, .... :huh: If I were at a GnRs show, well...it´s part of Axl personality since he started being a leader singer and that´s no problem at all..
OK, I´ve got the point ..Next tour I´ll put a timer in my cell phone to know exactly WHEN I can take a picture of him or I´ll ask him: - "Bono, may I" ??
It's not like this is some ongoing situation with Bono - it was just a one-time thing... over, fin. THE END. I think if you let one bad moment determine someone's character who's proven time and time again that he is, above all else, a humanitarian, a philanthropist, an overall decent human being... just about everyone is going to disappoint the hell out of you. Yes, Bono was an ass in this particular situation. Sometimes people act like a jackass, but that doesn't inherently make them one, themselves.

Because he is the lead singer of my favorite band. He's my favorite singer. My favorite songwriter. His humanitarian work goes above and beyond. I admire the man greatly.

However, one can't deny Bono has an ego.

Bono himself will tell you he's a megalomaniac. Still he's one of the most honest people around and has a heart of gold.

So you gotta love the B-man. :bono::heart::heart::hug:

(plus he's not bad-looking) :hyper:

I only wished your thread wasn't closed down yesterday - I loved it. :love:

funny-pictures-cat-has-noted-your-ridiculous-opinion.jpg

I was there when the incident happened, and my take on it was that Bono was frustrated because the mood hadn't taken off yet, and well...that guy paid for it.

Bono has gone off on audience members many a time over U2's career. What's that saying... "Shit happens!"

I keep reading how he apologized but no one has posted the actual apology. Does anybody know what explanation he gave for that dumb little hissy fit?

I'm almost positive that if I had Bono's money I could afford to hold my temper. :hmm:

The funny thing is on the same tour we were standing in front of the sound booth and Winona Ryder was talking on her phone and holding it up for whoever to listen to the concert. It would have been funny if he had yelled at her!

I keep reading how he apologized but no one has posted the actual apology. Does anybody know what explanation he gave for that dumb little hissy fit?

Pretty sure he only apologised before he asked everyone to get their phones out for the one thing. So I guess it was more so to make him appear less stupid rather then being a sincere apology

Bono made a bunch of fucking money off that concert, and that person is partly responsible for paying him. It shouldn't matter to him if somebody is talking on the phone at a concert or listening to a different band on their iPod at the concert. He should just shut the hell up and appreciate the fact that this person spent money that will go directly into his pocket. Fucking egocentric rock star.

WOW do you have some anger issues??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom