Did Bono really have an affair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by U2girl:
Well, i read that (but i have no idea whether it's true or not) on the Meaning of Lyrics website.

Apparently, during Zoo TV, Larry has said Who's gonna ride... is about a band member who has haid an affair (he didn't reveal who it was).

Hence, Bono has apparently once said (before a live performance of this song) "baby i'm glad we're friends".

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-27-2001).]
*eyebrow* Well it doesn't really matter now...I hope.

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"If I knew who I was I wouldn't be an artist, I wouldn't be in a band, I wouldn't be here screaming for a living." ~Bono~

"The moment an artist loses his personality and magnetism, the moment his secret leaks out, the curtain comes down on his prosperity" ~Houdini~

I think cheating is the result unfaithfulness and lack of interest in your partner, a certain unhappiness and unfulfillment. If your partner lacks something, you go out and find it else where, also it could be the result of sexual impulse, and need.

I seriously doubt Bono would cheat, what would be the point? Just to get off maybe once or twice? He has millions of dollars, beautiful children and a beautiful wife.

Why would he go out and try to do something with someone else that he can always do with his wife, whom he loves dearly.

And all this crap I read " so and so said, I read on a site that in an interview, wasn't this song about blah blah" it's all just gossip that has been ran into the ground, the original context more than likely has been mangled through the years. It all loses it's meaning, if it ever had any.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
He's not God.
!! *cries*

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"If I knew who I was I wouldn't be an artist, I wouldn't be in a band, I wouldn't be here screaming for a living." ~Bono~

"The moment an artist loses his personality and magnetism, the moment his secret leaks out, the curtain comes down on his prosperity" ~Houdini~

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
I read somewhere that 25% of married couples have ended up in an affair somewhere down the road...

Unfortunately, I think that the percentage is actually much higher than that--of course it always varies depending on the study, but most that I've seen recently have something closer to 60% of married men and 40% of married women as having had sexual relations outside of the marriage.

This is why I don't really believe in marriage and all this "'til death do we part" stuff. I honestly don't think humans are monogamous by nature, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 12-27-2001).]

I have to agree with Mikal on this one.
Its nobody's damn business, whether we are fans or not. Speculate all you want but it just sounds all rather silly if you ask me.
I dont know, I just think as a good fan, you should honour the band by not gossiping about them. Im prolly a dork or something though..

Oh and Beebs, you say you cna hold your drink, did you *see* that thread the other night?!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Slane/Lon tour pics

Alright alright.

Salami told me I should close this thread.

tongue.gif

jk but seriously I think we probly dont need to be talking about Bono cheating on his wife anymore.

bono wouldn't do that to his fans!!!

stop saying those mean things.

*i just got up people-and i'm still tired...

------------------
you can stuff your sorries in a sack mister

ally, its totally fine, i say waaay worse... i didnt mean for you to second guess what you said, its just the thought you brought up scared me.

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by mikal:
That's what you get for sleeping so late!

i want something different.

------------------

Originally posted by kobayashi:
i want something different.

Just smoke a bowl. You'll feel much better. Not that I'd know.

------------------
"YOU CAN'T HURT ME! NOT WITH MY CHEESE HELMET!"

Originally posted by mikal:
Just smoke a bowl. You'll feel much better. Not that I'd know.

on the eastern sea board we've got 45 minutes till it's time for that

------------------

Originally posted by kobayashi:
on the eastern sea board we've got 45 minutes till it's time for that

lol

------------------

I gave it a few thoughts before I replyed.
I agree with, who it was that said that marriage is THE promise and nothing you should take lightly on. Whether Bono has chated on Ali or not I have no idea. I've heard very few rumors concidering who he is. If he has, he has done it in a very good way, not spreading it around. And as he has said himself, writing about stuff, even in first person doesn't mean it is refering to himself.

A few years ago, I guess I would have been dissappointed if I found out he had cheated on Ali but I've learned that the person you least belive would do it, does it and you just have to accept. You can judge the act but never the person, not if it's someone close. Noone is perfect, something I've had to learn and understand. But to stand up for who you are and what you do, even if it's wrong and might have hurt someone and ask for forgiveness, that brings the human perfection out, at least for me.
By this I don't mean that I think cheating on someone is ok or right, but it can happen to anyone and it should be forgivable and noone has the right to judge.
If, I say if, Bono has cheated, it's not on a regular basis, it might have happen, noone knows, and if it is so I'm sure he and Ali have talked it through and solved it. She is a strong woman and would hav eleft him if she didn't accept it.

And by the way, Ali is with him almost all the times during the tours so he has not many nights alone, I belive.
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Well someone had an affair. Isn't that what WGRYWH was for?

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Originally posted by WildHonee:

It can be a friend or whoever. If it was someone in the band, I would put my vote on Edge. S?nce he had a rough time around the AB era and the making of that album with his break up with Aislinn.

Originally posted by WildHonee:

Well, i read that (but i have no idea whether it's true or not) on the Meaning of Lyrics website.

Apparently, during Zoo TV, Larry has said Who's gonna ride... is about a band member who has haid an affair (he didn't reveal who it was).

Hence, Bono has apparently once said (before a live performance of this song) "baby i'm glad we're friends".

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-27-2001).]

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
I have a friend who chases off a hangover by smoking a bowl. lol.

He and mikal must be friends!

Is his name Zoo Schabow?

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom