Did Anyone See Letterman last night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
It was really hard to watch...I never thought the show would make me cry before. It was his first show back on air since Tuesday, and he was obviously still very upset. Then Dan Rather was on and he broke down twice during the interview. Jesus. But at least we got to hear him laugh when Regis came on.

Dave: "Thank god Regis is here so we have something to make fun of."

------------------
outta my brain on the 5:15

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:

Dave: "Thank god Regis is here so we have something to make fun of."

*lmao* Poor Regis...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

I saw it!

As someone who usually leans "conservative," I have often been the first to criticize Dan Rather. But last night, everything changed! I was crying with him and agreewing with him. When he said, "President Bush, tell me where to line up," it truly gave me a different view of the man.

And Letterman himself sppoke with the same conviction and emotion at the beginning of the show as well, and made some very good points, such as "If you lived to be 1,000 years old, would you see the point of this attack?"

That was a great show indeed; I hope I get to attend Thursday's taping.

~U2Alabama

Yes I watched the show, and it was very touching to watch Dan Rather tell his story. When he broke for the second time, Dave Letterman told him you are only human. I admire Dan Rather for showing his feelings.

Originally posted by U2Bama:

And Letterman himself sppoke with the same conviction and emotion at the beginning of the show as well, and made some very good points, such as "If you lived to be 1,000 years old, would you see the point of this attack?"

I saw it and this line from Dave had me in tears. His grief was so strong and so raw that it was almost hard to watch. At the same time, it was a sort of cathartic experience - definetly something I never thought I would ever be saying about a David Letterman show.

------------------
If God will send his angels, will everything be alright?

Back
Top Bottom