Did anyone listen to the U2 competition on Radio 1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celia

New Yorker
The contestants were FOOLS!

They had a competition yesterday to win a signed U2 Go Home poster by all of the lads and you had to ring up and 2 contestants competed to win it. They played the beginning of some live tracks from the DVD and they were taking ages to get the answers...even the DJ Chris Moyles was calling them both idiots!

One of the tracks was "where the streets have no name" and they were listening to the intro right until Bono started to sing and the DJ was even giving them clues: "this would not be a very good place to be if you were a postman" :lmao: the stupid woman was saying 'Electrical Storm' and 'In Rain' :scratch:

Anyway they were running out of time so the last track which would decide the winner was "Out of Control" and they listened to all of the intro with bono saying "This is our first single" and he started singing and neither of them still knew the bloody answer!
so they both guessed:
Another Day & 11 O'Clock Tick Tock! :mad:

so anyway Chris got annoyed with them and said neither of you can win cos there are hundreds of people who would know the answer and would really want this prize so they opened the competition to everyone again and luckily someone who had been a fan for 20years and REALLY wanted the prize won it!!! Thank god for that cos I was getting soo annoyed at the radio yesterday!!! :mad: :laugh:

yertle-the-turtle said:
I listened to Radio One once.

Didn't enjoy it.

Yeah me neither, Virgin radio is my station :up:
but my housemate was listening to it and told me know about the U2 comp. :rolleyes: I'd never shouted at a radio until yesterday! I won't be listening to it again any time soon! :no:

Back
Top Bottom