Detroit - 10/31/1997

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
How many here went to this PopMart concert? It's been five years. Crazy...

Melon

It seems so long ago! That was my very first U2 concert, loved every minute of it :)
I was on the center aisle and got to touch the guys as they walked up to the front - Larry has awesome arms :yes:

Right here, my last Popmart show of 9.
I have one of the pic's I took on my webshots webpage under my profile of Larry getting his cake from Anne. I also received my first Edge guitar pick that night!

I was there, we called all the hotels around just so we could see them after the concert. Was anyone else at the Ritz in Dearborn that night?

AchtungMike said:
I was there, we called all the hotels around just so we could see them after the concert. Was anyone else at the Ritz in Dearborn that night?

No, I didn't get to go, but did you end up seeing any of the guys? Please spill!! :hyper:

Yeah we met Bono and The Edge that night. They stayed down in the front of the building for a good 20 minutes talking to a small group of us. They posed for pictures and did autographs and were really down to earth. I met Bono the week before in the Skydome and he remembered because he asked which concert I liked better. It was a very cold night and I had to leave my coat off because The Edge signed my t-shirt and I didn't want to smear it. Boy, I wish I was young again.

I was at that show, too! :D

I wish I would've known about them filming IGWSHA here... I was so bummed when I read about it in the paper a couple days later.

erised said:

I wish I would've known about them filming IGWSHA here... I was so bummed when I read about it in the paper a couple days later.

Wow, really? I never heard about that, it would have been a fun party to crash :lol:

AchtungMike, I see that you are at Palmer, congrats! My friend from highschool (and now my *personal* chiropractor) graduated from there a few years ago! Be warned, this place is severely addicting and may be hazardous to your study habits - I'm a 3rd year vet student and all I can say is it's a good thing I didn't find out about Interference any sooner than I did :no:

Actually bonosloveslave, I've been following interference from the beginning. I'm just one of few words, for good reasons. Palmer is great but I can't wait to get back to Michigan. It'll be tough the next time the tour rolls around and I'm stuck at school.

I wish i saw POP MART, i was only 7 when they went to Detroit. Only if i could of convinced my parents, wait, i didnt even know of U2 then, gosh.

fritz

Back
Top Bottom