Detailed description of some new songs - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2004, 03:21 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:55 AM
Detailed description of some new songs

From u2lightmyway.free.fr:
A girl called Claire went to Dublin. She was in Bono's car, where she listened to 2 songs from the new album. And 2 more outside the studio couple of days later. I understood something from the translator program:
"- the first one is very rock and roll. Big guitar sounds. There is a "hello hello" before the refrain(something like that).
- the second one is more pop. Reminds me of Beautiful Day. I understood one lyric: "You're as beautiful as a picture"
- the third is a song which could be a b-side. Dry guitar in a "Wild Honey" style. The refrain: "All I want is a picture of you/All I want is to be right next to you", followed by "picture in a pocket...", and then something that rhymes(ends with "ette")
- the fourth was All Because of You with a slightly different refrain"
Is there anyone who can translate this more accurately?
P.S. Something else from the report:
Supposedly the album will have 10-11 songs. The CD which Bono played in his car had 11 titles and outside the studio the next day they heard 10 songs. One time there was a song which could have been a bside because it was played many times(It wasn't finished yet).
There is a confusion here because other sources have said there were 12 songs.

Old 07-11-2004, 03:30 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:55 PM
it's just weird, and once again, the "doubting thomas" in me just doesn't believe that Bono actually picked strangers up and drove them around. there are a lot of strange people out there, and i personally refuse to let anyone that i haven't met ride in my car.

Old 07-11-2004, 04:09 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Well, there are three different reports that say the same. So... I think these reports are genuine. But, this is my least favorite among them. The "Wild Honey" song scares me, for example. And I still believe that the album will have 12 songs. The 11-song CD which Bono had in his car is not the new album for sure. I mean, he couldn't find Xanax and Wine/Miracle Drug on it! Which is reportedly a very, very good song.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:25 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

"You're as beautiful as a picture"?

I hope this girl either misheard things or is making it up, because the lyrics she "quotes" sound horribly cliched.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:31 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal
it's just weird, and once again, the "doubting thomas" in me just doesn't believe that Bono actually picked strangers up and drove them around. there are a lot of strange people out there, and i personally refuse to let anyone that i haven't met ride in my car.
He's been doing that for years, however ill-advised. There have been many, many stories from dozens of fans about getting rides in his car, and some have even had the photos to prove it, taken inside his car, with him at the wheel. He doesn't seem very concerned about his personal safety in Dublin, as he's always without a bodyguard. I guess he's a good judge of character, and wouldn't offer a lift to anyone he thought was dodgy. He chats with them first. Lucky fans!! (What I can't believe is that one of the girls the other night actually said no to his offer. That's just nuts!)
Old 07-11-2004, 04:49 PM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by biff
He doesn't seem very concerned about his personal safety in Dublin, as he's always without a bodyguard.
From the stories I read, not having a bodyguard is not what makes Bono not concerned about his personal safety. It's his driving that's apparently the biggest worry for those in his car.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:55 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn

It's his driving that's apparently the biggest worry for those in his car.
Yes, that's apparently true. Maybe that girl had a good reason for saying no to his offer of a ride, with the thought of Bono at the wheel of a Maserati just too terrifying--but hell, you only live once. I would have leapt at the chance.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:57 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Bono's shades, I totally agree. These "lyrics" are terrible. That is something else that bothers me from the report.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:02 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Could the "badness" of the lyrics have to do with the poor quality of the translation?
Old 07-11-2004, 05:19 PM   #10
War Child

I think Biff nailed it. Probably the translation.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:23 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

lets just relax about the lyrics before we see them printed inthe little handbook that comes with the cd in november
Old 07-11-2004, 05:24 PM   #12
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:55 PM

Even if those are actual lyrics, I wouldn't get too hyper about it just yet. I mean, come on...look at some great songs out there. Are the lyrics always that great? Though lyrics sometimes can be really powerful, sometimes you have to judge a song by the whole package.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 07-11-2004, 05:27 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

No, it wasn't the translation. The lyrics were posted on English originally. Weren't you on the site?
Old 07-11-2004, 06:22 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by djerdap
No, it wasn't the translation. The lyrics were posted on English originally. Weren't you on the site?
No, I personally was going by your description, and your comment, "I understood something from the translator program".
This indicated to me that you had used a translator program on this report.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:33 PM   #15
The Fly

i have never heard a U2 song with french lyrics ;-)
Old 07-11-2004, 07:05 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Though lyrics sometimes can be really powerful, sometimes you have to judge a song by the whole package.
Agree. I also believe that if I were sitting shotgun in Bono's car I probably wouldn't have the most accurate description of the songs. Hell, in that situation God could have been giving me a detailed report on the end of the world and I wouldn't have remembered much
I simply want a new u2 album - in my mind the lyrics could be as plain as "a mole, diggin in a hole..." oops that has been done hasn't it?"
Old 07-11-2004, 07:35 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:55 PM
b-sides!!

Old 07-11-2004, 07:50 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nurse chrissi

Agree. I also believe that if I were sitting shotgun in Bono's car I probably wouldn't have the most accurate description of the songs. Hell, in that situation God could have been giving me a detailed report on the end of the world and I wouldn't have remembered much
I simply want a new u2 album - in my mind the lyrics could be as plain as "a mole, diggin in a hole..." oops that has been done hasn't it?"
I have to agree with you! I don't think I'd be able to remember my own name in that situation! I would definitely have Bono-induced amnesia after that.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:34 PM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor

billy joel does the same thing here on long island... he often picks people up in his car and crashes them into various poles, trees and houses. good fun for all involved.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:39 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:55 PM
Wasn't there a movie called Riding in Cars with Bonos?