Detailed description of some new songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The whole album - or at least the songs that we heard sounded fantastic. Bono's voice sounds incredible - a lot younger - with an anger (if that's the right word) - like on the War album. It was kinda hard to get a good listen as the studio door was closed and it was raining plus there was this really annoying person who kept talking cr@p the whole time ......... The studio door was open for the song we now know as 'Vertigo' ...... great tempo .... a show opener I reckon.

There was one song that really bowled me over ... I could kinda here the lyric Miracle .........????? The guitar on it reminded me of Kite ....I dont really know how describe what it sounded like or do it justice .... sorry .....

Bono gave us a lift in his car later that night and he asked us what we wanted to hear - I asked for Miracle ????? - He called it Miracle Drug - maybe that was just the working title ???? Anyway - he couldn't find it on the cd :( ...... He only played a snippet of Love and Peace or Else as he couldn't find the version with Edge's guitar :rolleyes: .... He played All Because of you - another fast tempo rocker .... I remember the following lyrics .....'when I just heard confusion' ...... and 'I like the sound of my own voice' ......

Not much I know but I was a bit blown away at the time ........

Sorry - I cant really remember - As I said he only played a snippet in the car ..... I may have heard it when they were playing it on the speakers in the studio but I don't know which one it was ........it was hard to make out lyrics because the door was closed and the annoying chatterbox

as a whole, were most of the songs a little more upbeat than ATYCLB..i love atyclb ALOT..but i'm in the mood for something different.

so as a whole how were the songs, mostly up tempo with a couple real rockers, and a couple ballads....? can u remember this at all?

thanks for the info hawkmoon. Im fascinated by "miracle drug" now, it sounds like it might be great. Im still wondering what happened to "native son" though, there havent been any rumors about it, and thats the "mother of all rock n roll tunes."

innocent_eyes said:
as a whole, were most of the songs a little more upbeat than ATYCLB..i love atyclb ALOT..but i'm in the mood for something different.

so as a whole how were the songs, mostly up tempo with a couple real rockers, and a couple ballads....? can u remember this at all?

As a whole they were the best collection of songs I've heard from U2 since Achtung Baby .............. I'm a huge fan of POP and ATYCLB too but there are some songs on these albums that do not necessarily scrtach me where I itch !!!! :scratch: There was not one song that I heard outside the studio that did not impress me ............ but that's my opinion ....... they may not have even been the final collection or versions...... this was seven weeks ago ..............

What I will say is it is definitely a guitar album - Edge's sound is prolific

Thank you, hawkmoon... That sounds incredible! Tell us more! Is it a rock record? Are there any pop tunes? What about GUITAR SOLOS?!!

Thanks for the info Hawkmoon. Personally, i'm wondering what the heck happened to the Spanish guys that brought us Vertigo. If anyone was in a position to give us song details, it would be them. They've probably listened to their new u2 album mp3s a million times by now (and are probably pissed at themselves for drowning out most of the music!) They posted the song on the East Link forum and vanished into thin air.

You know - I was reading back through this thread and was intrigued by the comments about 'she's gonna blow your house down'. I hadn't listened to that in a long time ....... so I took out my Rattle and Hum outtakes and went back to the version of this song that Edge and Bono were working on at the beachhouse ...... The verse is almost the exact same rhythm / tempo and melody as the version of All Because of You that Bono played in the car ............

Back
Top Bottom