Describe the B-Sides and Unreleased from the Box Set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stoven

The Fly
I thought I would take the time to ask you knowledgable U2 fans about the unreleased and other b-side material that is in the box set. I am familiar with every studio album, but I don't know anything about the other stuff... Many people talk about "passengers" or "MDH" and I, along with others I'm sure, have no idea what these are. And the significance of the 2 concerts on there, I get that one of them is from new year's day, but what about the others?

MDH- Million Dollar Hotel, some film bono co-wrote and there's a soundtrack to go with it. Believe me you wouldn't want the film or the soundtrack, they are both crap!!

PASSENGERS- This is an experimental album thing they did with Brian eno,i think.I think Miss sarajevo is on it!

THE MDH soundtrack is actually very good in my opinion. The songs that U2 does are good. All the rest suck. They are not typical U2 work. They are very creative songs that are not geared towards sales and radio play.

Million Dollar Hotel has 'Ground Beneath Her Feet' and 'Your Blue Room'. Almost worth buying it just for those tracks at the time of its release. While 'Your Blue Room' appears elsewhere, 'GBHF' does not. And it's a damn good tune. I wish they'd play it more.

GBHF made me cry, the book itself is something special too....

Stateless and GBHF are the main reasons a still switch to M$H on my Ipod...

username said:
Million Dollar Hotel has 'Ground Beneath Her Feet' and 'Your Blue Room'. Almost worth buying it just for those tracks at the time of its release. While 'Your Blue Room' appears elsewhere, 'GBHF' does not. And it's a damn good tune. I wish they'd play it more.

Your Blue Room is NOT on the MDH soundtrack.

Mhd also has a very Sexy SOunding Bono singing "never let me go" which is very good for a non-U2 track

Passengers is basically another U2 album.....it's definitely a must have.....

BigMacPhisto said:
Passengers is basically another U2 album.....it's definitely a must have.....

......."it's definitley a must have" not been thinking and were too embarrased to release it under their name.......

MDH is sheer brilliance though, definitley something you should invest some money in. :wink:

Last edited:
The recording of The Ground Beneath Her Feet from the MDH is, in my opinion, one of the top 10 recordings of U2's career. I loved the acoustic version live, but the full band version would have been amazing.

I really do like ground beneath her feet. I am probably going to buy the box set just for that song, and are you gonna wait forever... not to mention the unreleased. Passengers seems odd, but I have loved every U2 album, even their "experimental" stuff so I should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom