Deep in the Heart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullonEdge2

Refugee
I just bought this on itunes yesterday, and I'm ready to declare it the best U2 b-side of all time. wow.

If not the best, it's right up there with sweetest thing and spanish eyes. Does anyone else agree?

It has a rather pounding drum and bass section, and it's filled with beautiful, piercing Edge notes, topped off with an emotional vocal delivery from Bono.

It's very sweet. Definitely Joshua Tree material.

If someone wouldn't mind...thefonz_29@hotmail.com

I can't see the massive fascination with WTTW. The whole song it sounds like it's drifiting in and out of consciousness...I have the same problem with EPAA. It's good for a b-side, but I can see why it was never an a-side.

GibsonGirl said:

No. It's from the ISHFWILF single.

Great song. :up: I still prefer Walk To The Water, though.

Yes, and while I love Walk to the Water (my favorite from the best of b-sides), I think Deep in the Heart is right up there. 14 plays later and still loving it!

Deep in the heart is a great song, but my favourite from the Joshua Tree outtakes is Luminous Times (hold onto Love).
As for the greatest ever bside, that has to be Lady With The Soinning Head!!!

FullonEdge2 said:
I just bought this on itunes yesterday, and I'm ready to declare it the best U2 b-side of all time. wow.

If not the best, it's right up there with sweetest thing and spanish eyes. Does anyone else agree?

I have the original b side and it is one of their best tracks ever. I would say top 15 material but impossible to place within that 15!

My knowledge of B-sides and rarities is admittedly limited (I confess I still haven't heard Fast Cars).

But I do like "A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel." A lot.

If U2 had just saved the b-sides from the Joshua Tree and added the studio songs from Rattle & Hum, it would have been a sweet album.

Desire
Spanish Eyes
Walk To The Water
Luminous Times
The Sweetest Thing
Deep In The Heart
Hawkmoon 269
Angel Of Harlem
Van Diemen's Land
Silver And Gold
Heartland
God Part II
All I Want Is You

(I omitted Love Rescue Me, When Love Comes To Town, and Race Against Time)

Fast Cars is AMAZING! It's among my top 10 U2 songs. It's on iTunes, and I ordered the Euro version of Bomb from Amazon.uk so that I could play it in my car.

There is a hilarious clip on YouTube of them completely screwing it up in Boston (do a search for U2 and Fast Cars and you'll find it.)

Back
Top Bottom