David Bowie and Bono duet !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now that I've said that, I have 20 million angry Oprah-housewives at my doorstep

pitchforks in hand

but that's besides the point

what about Bowie and Bono with U2 songs?

One? Stay? Mofo? Miss Sarajevo :heart:

Hrm, well.. Bowie dueted with Arcade Fire on "Wake Up" here in New York earlier this year. It would be pretty righteous to see Bono and Bowie tackle that song as well, but it would be a retread.

Hrmm.. Maybe they could do Bowie's "Five Years"? That song always makes me :sad:

LemonMacPhisto said:
now that I've said that, I have 20 million angry Oprah-housewives at my doorstep

pitchforks in hand

One would be excellent for Bowie's range. :up:

I was thinking about other songs like ISHFWILF and WTSHNN, but I think they would sound a bit cheesy.

But what about bass Trap?
Yeh, no vocals, but Bowie could do some of his famous 'white line' miming hehe

Bass Trap reminds me of Warzsawa in a lot of ways

except more melodic and less "mid-'70s sci-fi b-movie"

I would absolutely die if Bono and Bowie did Heroes or Ashes to Ashes. And I thought about Under Pressure, but Bono definitely couldn't hit a lot of Mercury's notes in that song. Not an insult to Bono, Mercury was just an amazing singer.

As far as U2 songs, I'm not really sure. With or Without You, maybe? Or Running to Stand Still?

....Or Lemon. With Bono doing the falsetto and Bowie singing in a lower octave. :drool:

I could hear Bowie singing 'Love You Like Mad' (it already sounds a bit like a Bowie song anyway) or 'Dirty Day' or 'Some Days Are Better Than Others'.

just come in to say how silly I find the idea that calling an R'n'B star an asshole is racist. surely that's just going out of your way to look like the perpetuator of racial equality when i'm sure a black person wouldn't give the statement "R'n'B assholes..." a second glance! :huh:
-
-
on Bowie, I would love to hear him and Bono perhaps sing 'Ashes to Ashes', 'Heroes' or if we're talking U2 songs, 'Zooropa'!

Didn't Bono collaborate with Bowie on the "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack, for "Children of the Revolution"? Or am I getting mixed up because "Nature Boy" is on the OST as well? I'm drawing a blank LOL

forty said:
Didn't Bono collaborate with Bowie on the "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack, for "Children of the Revolution"? Or am I getting mixed up because "Nature Boy" is on the OST as well? I'm drawing a blank LOL
No,Bowie's is nature boy,Bono&Gavin did COTR

gareth brown said:
just come in to say how silly I find the idea that calling an R'n'B star an asshole is racist. surely that's just going out of your way to look like the perpetuator of racial equality when i'm sure a black person wouldn't give the statement "R'n'B assholes..." a second glance! :huh:

I would appreciate it if people would stop putting words in my mouth. I did NOT call anybody a racist. I was simply seeking clarification on the dude's statement. NOTHING MORE. Accusing someone of being a racist is a tough line to take.

As a mod, I have a right to seek clarification on statements that can be perceived in a certain way. That's what I did. Nothing more. Please stop accusing me of calling someone a racist.

Ellay said:
Did you know that the version of Perfect Day with Bono on was recorded as part of the BBC's annual Children in Need campaign to raise money for kids.

It was only after it was recorded that someone pointed out that Perfect Day is actually all about Lou Reed's addiction to heroin.

A Perfect Day was whenever he could get a hit.

It was too late to change by then though, so that year, the Children in Need song was all about hard drug abuse - classic.

Did also some American Christian band cover the La's "There she goes"? Another classic moment! :giggle:

LemonMacPhisto said:

pitchforks in hand

Oooh! One and Stay both sound like they'd be amazing!

I absolutely have been a Bowie Fan since I saw him on Midnight Special (showing my age again) however, there are things about David that put some artist straight off with him. He really shafted Mick Ronson, original guitarist for Bowie's band that propelled him to fame as well as the other "Spiders from Mars"...the night he was on stage with them and announced it was their last performance....the Spiders From Mars had no idea he was dumping them....Ronson was musically responsible for most of the songs that made David what he is.....David did however when learning that Mick Ronson was dying of liver cancer finally go to him and make amends financially and in respect and love that were long overdue!
Stevie Ray Vaughn, recorded all guitars for "Lets Dance" when tour time came David REFUSED giving Stevie Ray Vaughn a artist already well established second billing even...so Stevie Ray knowing and respecting Mick Ronson said UP YOUR A... David!!! Do the tour with someone else which Bowie literally had to look about for....I saw the tour and poor old Peter Frampton..not even close to reproducing the Stevie Ray sound did the tour.
Bono is a force to be reckoned with. David has a long histoy which you know if you have studied him of being a bit paranoid of not getting accoladed.
I do not see they have that much in common musically. However, I could see poor old Bowie finally getting his comeuppance with Bono/U2 so for that sake I would like to see it!!!
I do love Bowie think he is truly gifted have seen every tour he has done since I was 18. He is just a bit weird and so artistic he lives in a dream world. Susan

Bono and Bowie would be just a killer combo... They are my favorites for many reasons...

Stay would be an amazing duet :drool:

1990-06-20-bowie-bono.jpg

Back
Top Bottom