Dave Matthews quote on U2(good read) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2003, 08:32 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:50 PM
I love Dave!
Thanks for posting that; it was cool.

Old 02-21-2003, 08:48 PM   #22
Refugee

Local Time: 01:50 PM
What a great article! All very true, love how he sais "Bono's voice is just awesome and his range can basically crush anyone's else's in music today"

Old 02-21-2003, 09:25 PM   #23
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:50 PM
Legalization of pot is the SMARTEST fuckin' thing to do!
Old 02-22-2003, 04:05 PM   #24
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

I dont know, just because someone in a band says something nice about U2 doesnt mean I'm now going to love his music. I dont really care what other bands think about U2. I know Creed are supposedly U2 fans, I still hate their music with a passion.
That is a valid point. I just do not like it when people slam dave for reasons that have nothing to do with the music he makes. I understand if someone does not like his music, but to say they suck for reasons such as his looks, etc is a bit insane
Old 02-22-2003, 04:16 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DiGi

That is a valid point. I just do not like it when people slam dave for reasons that have nothing to do with the music he makes. I understand if someone does not like his music, but to say they suck for reasons such as his looks, etc is a bit insane
Yeah, I guess you just have to ignore it when people say stuff like that because you know that their opinion has no basis in fact.

I went through a period where I detested DMB because it seemed like so many people around me loved them. I know, that's about as stupid a reason as a person could have...But I just wished those people would pay attention to U2 as well! But recently I've found myself hearing DMB songs and actually thoroughly enjoying them.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:47 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

You have to at least like one DMB song, everyone does. Like me for instance, I really love that song they wrote back in 96 called "Crash into me" or Crash or whatever. Yeah, I can respect his opinion even if I don't really care for his music.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:57 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

not big on DMB

but i give props none the less
Old 02-22-2003, 09:01 PM   #28
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by david
You have to at least like one DMB song, everyone does. Like me for instance, I really love that song they wrote back in 96 called "Crash into me" or Crash or whatever. Yeah, I can respect his opinion even if I don't really care for his music.
please please please do a huge dmb fan (me ) a favor and download another song outside of crash-- i'd recommend "#41"-- to see what dmb is really about. i love "crash" but i'm sick of dmb being judged by their radio singles. it'd be like if people only knew u2 based on "the sweetest thing"...

and if anyone would like a better taste of dave matthews band, i'm willing to burn anyone a mix of some good stuff for free. email me if you'd like one-- icanfeeltherain@hotmail.com

Old 02-23-2003, 06:30 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:50 AM
Nice quote, hate his music.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:46 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by wonsuitewhirled

please please please do a huge dmb fan (me ) a favor and download another song outside of crash-- i'd recommend "#41"-- to see what dmb is really about. i love "crash" but i'm sick of dmb being judged by their radio singles. it'd be like if people only knew u2 based on "the sweetest thing"...
I know what you mean! I'm one of those who doesn't know any DMB outside their singles, but yeah...I tend to get annoyed with people when they judged U2 solely on singles.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:11 PM   #31
The Fly

Local Time: 08:50 PM

Damn! The mother of all compliments....maybe DMB can open for U2 on the next tour; not a bad combination.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:38 PM   #32
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

space between is a good track. no doubt about that.

meehee.. i spent half this thread thinking it was about matthew goode; i always get the two quite confused.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:56 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:50 PM
Dave is a good guy with a big

Quote:
Originally posted by wonsuitewhirled
So true. I am an example of someone who disliked them based on their radio hits (except for Crash). Then I saw Dave performing solo on TV and it changed my whole perception of them.

Tags
dave matthews