Daniel Lanois 'Acadie'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
Anybody have this album? I love it. (esp. the tracks with Larry and Adam!)

Lanois had said that much of this is HEAVILY influenced by the Joshua Tree. I have to agree there.. sounds like an extension of it.

------------------
And I felt like a star...

Hi DG, no I don't have any of Daniel Lanois' albums...but I should. I bought some old Rolling Stone mags recently because Bono and Edge are on the covers. Inside was a bonus...an article with DL, "Lanois Finds His Voice" It's mainly about his then current album "For The Beauty of Wynona" It refers to "Acadie"1989 album as "moody and provocative".Nice
A few interesting quotes from the article...
as to why he had a break from making his own music...."To be honest with you, I got greedy, I wanted to make one more record with U2, because I thought we still had a few things to say."(so glad he did!)
"I wrote out a few little things people have said to me. Brian Eno said to me"Taste is the enemy of art" Bono stole that one from Brian.Bob Dylan said "The first idea is usually the right one"
He looks stunning in the photo(long hair, bandana,back in the "olden days"...I love it!!)
So his albums are on my "2buy" list...one day.
PS: I just noticed this magazine was released the same year and month I first saw U2 live. Cool
smile.gif

Woops typos.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 11-12-2001).]

I love that song "I got a lot of love to give" or something like that. The only one you hear on the radio. The only one I know by him. But...the album it's on, For the Beauty of Wynona, has got the FREAKIEST picture on the cover I have ever seen.
eek.gif

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

Originally posted by Dorian Gray:
hmmm... I wonder if you mean 'The Messenger'. That one gets a lot of radio play. I'm sure that you've heard 'The Maker' off Acadie though. If you haven't.. buy the cd!
biggrin.gif

No, this song is definitely "a lot of love to give" or something. "The wind is cold but not yet, it's not yet December." As for The Messenger, the only version I've heard is by the Tea Party. It's ok but I'm a bit tired of the lead singer's histrionic bawling.

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

hmmm... I wonder if you mean 'The Messenger'. That one gets a lot of radio play. I'm sure that you've heard 'The Maker' off Acadie though. If you haven't.. buy the cd!
biggrin.gif

btw Cass, those are awesome quotes! Gotta love the ol 'Taste' one. I don't blame Bono for stealing it!

The messenger is on ' for the beauty of wynona' from 1993.

I have Acadie. Great album to listen to in the winter. Cold crisp tunes full of faith and love. And if you're in anyway french or cajun - you'll love it. His interpretation of "Amazing Grace" is great and so is his tune "the maker". I am yet to find The Beauty of Wyona.

Dave Matthews once did a cover of "the maker" - boo to him.

~zoo~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Anybody have this album? I love it. (esp. the tracks with Larry and Adam!)

Lanois had said that much of this is HEAVILY influenced by the Joshua Tree. I have to agree there.. sounds like an extension of it.

Larry and Adam are on it? Cool!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

biggrin.gif

btw Cass, those are awesome quotes! Gotta love the ol 'Taste' one. I don't blame Bono for stealing it!

------------------
And I felt like a star...

Back
Top Bottom