Dancing Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the subject of Bono dancing.... anyone notice in the DVD during I think it's "Desire", Bono starts to freak out in his dancing style ala "I Will Follow" circa 1983. lol I died laughing when I saw that, and then he kind of recovers, as if to say, he caught himself in the act!
biggrin.gif
Very cute indeed.

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 01-04-2002).]

Originally posted by Angel:
On the subject of Bono dancing.... anyone notice in the DVD during I think it's "Desire", Bono starts to freak out in his dancing style ala "I Will Follow" circa 1983. lol I died laughing when I saw that, and then he kind of recovers, as if to say, he caught himself in the act!
biggrin.gif
Very cute indeed.

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 01-04-2002).]

LMAO ok I wasn't the only one!!! Yes I noticed that too. It was so funny he got all into it with the neck movements down and everything. I was laughing so hard, and I still do everytime I watch it. Personally I think "Desire" is the highlight of that DVD.

But if you wanna see Bono trying to move watch "Mysterious Ways" Popmart S?o Paulo (1/31/98), thanks to Maria
wink.gif
, it looks like someone in the audience dared him to samba and the result was a horrible booty dance. Too funny.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Hehe...Bono's dancing...I never noticed that on the DVD...I must have a look now...(any excuse to watch that wonderful piece of work).

Bono has had some wacky moves over the years...it would be funny to make a video or something of Dancing Bono!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

I showed my Dad bono dancing in the "I Will Follow" vid...

Bonochick's Dad: "Oh my God, what the hell is he trying to do???"

*lol* Poor Bono...

I love Bono's "dancing" though...it's so...so...unique...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Marina, where can I get my mits on that Sao Paolo video???
biggrin.gif

what about the Pride video? He dances so spazzy on that one, that he nearly falls over! The funny thing is, the little boy who's dancing/skipping, has more riddim than our Bono boy!
wink.gif

I always found it a conundrum: the man can write lyrics like Solomon, can sing like an angel, can keep a beat and play guitar...yet he can't dance to save his life...I find that so heartwarmingly strange and adorable!

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Didn't Bono say somewhere that he dances best horizontally?
eek.gif

Interviewer: "Do you consider yourself a good dancer, Bono?"

Bono: "I dance much better horizontally than vertically."

LOL I love the way that man moves!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by Bonochick:

*lol* Poor Bono...

biggrin.gif

LMAO That's the video during which you can sit there and make squeaking noises to make fun of his pants as he 'dances'
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Originally posted by Bonochick:

*lol* Poor Bono...

biggrin.gif

I love I Will Follow. I get tired of seeing it made fun of. He was so cute and I like his dancing. I think his moves in those pants are HOT! I almost feel like a dirty old lady watching that young boy, then I think, no, I was young then too. Come to Gypsy Bono! Aww, your dancing is cute!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 01-05-2002).]

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
I love I Will Follow. I get tired of seeing it made fun of. He was so cute and I like his dancing. I think his moves in those pants are HOT! I almost feel like a dirty old lady watching that young boy, then I think, no, I was young then too. Come to Gypsy Bono! Aww, your dancing is cute!

He is definitely adorable in that vid!!
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

lol. i guess irishman can't dance. poor bono baby...

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Originally posted by madonna's child:
lol. i guess irishman can't dance. poor bono baby...

frown.gif
He just runs around gyrating. O well.

!! I was watching the WOWY video and Bono's crooning and being all serious in the beginning and Adam is in the background CLEARLY grooving! It's the FUNNIEST thing. It ruins the mood!
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

I think they ALL move in mysterious ways! I was watching Rattle and Hum for the first time the other day and I noticed that Adam had some spiffy moves there too...quite amusing and cute!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

The best Bono dancing was the strange little twitching goosestep he used to do during the opening of the ZooTV live shows.

He can dance the jig quite well, though.

------------------
"It wouldn't be a cry from the heart
or a high, hurtin' wail
we could look down and laugh now
I'd be all together
I'd be totally removed..."

That one part on the DVD is hilarious....I replayed it in slow motion...how funny! Bono sure knows how to shake his stuff though!

I'm quite fond of that lurching Bono-walk he's developed over the years, the one where he sort of sways from side to side as he walks slowly around the stage,
smile.gif
Poor thing can't dance to save his life though.

Thought of two Dancing Bono examples, both from concerts I was at!

The first was at an Elevation show. Bono was moving down the heart ramp during "Beautiful Day", trying to walk and to do pelvic thrusts at the same time. With the happy smile on his face, it looked more like he was doing a very unusual Dance of Joy!

The second happened at a ZooTV
show during "Mysterious Ways". It was Morleigh's birthday; Bono, of course, wanted to give her a little present. About 3/4 of the way through the song, our man disappears from the stage. Some moments later, he comes wobbling out, doing what appears to be his impression of a belly dance -- and holding a birthday cake in one hand! It reminded me of one of those old 1950's Bible epics(the ones that always have Charlton Heston in them) with Salome's Dance of the Seven Veils. Bono being Bono, though, it was a disaster waiting to happen!
Morleigh's impression of the whole thing? When she saw this whole Bono-dance routine, she burst out laughing, as did most everyone else in the stadium!

I still wuv Bono, even if he cannot dance to save his life!!
icon35.gif

------------------
Larry's always been tough. He can laugh heartily telling the story of how as little kids on Christmas Eve he and his sister kept pestering their father,saying, "I think I hear Santa, Dad! I think I hear Santa!" Until their annoyed old man said "There is no Santa Claus! Now go to sleep!"

--Bill Flanagan,U2 at the End of the World

I never noticed that he couldn't dance! LOL!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Back
Top Bottom