Damn!! Bullet The Blue Sky kicked ass in Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
The part where Bono screamed "Outside it's America" over and over was worth $45 dollars alone!

I have officially fallen in love with the song again!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

I agree - this song was fantastic live - it's never been one of my favorites, the album version, but live it's a whole other story.

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

Hey which version of BTBS do they play on this leg of the tour? The old one or the one with new lyrics about guns & John Lennon?

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

The current Bullet is a fairly hardhitting but straightforward one: no gun theme, no video intro (just some weird noise), relatively less distortion (compared with some versions), the guitar solo is the Zoo TV era-solo, and there's virtually no "rap". As noted in other posts, the ending is extremely powerful as Bono screams Outside It's America multiple times.

Yep, it gave me chills.

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember Bono screaming "Outside its America" over and over in Chicago. I am almost positive he just kept screaming "Outside!"...

aaron

i was there, he was screaming "outside" and rotating around in a circle with the light. it was awesome, my friends who are not into u2 who were with me were like "holy shit, that was badass"----and it was

The current Bullet is a fairly hardhitting but straightforward one: no gun theme, no video intro (just some weird noise)...
I believe the "weird noise," as you refer to it, is the Islamic call to prayer or at least something that's suppose to sound like it. That's what it reminded me of when I first heard it anyway. Another 9/11 reference...very chilling to me when I heard it. Very fitting as well.

Originally posted by mikal:
Damn!! Bullet The Blue Sky kicked ass in Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, yes it did. The entire spotlight deal was cool, and they just played it so hard. That was a rocking tune, which is just what the show needed at that point.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Back
Top Bottom