DALLAS show the best so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Originally posted by z edge:
There is one where Gwen drags me on stage and we roll around and moan and groan and she straddles me....

OH MY!!!
eek.gif

Cheating on your blow-up doll, huh?
wink.gif

I'm surprised Edge didn't smash his guitar again w/ all the problems-maybe he's taking anger management classes
wink.gif

I agree w/ you z edge-Gwen is a very lovely and sweet lady
smile.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

There is one where Gwen drags me on stage and we roll around and moan and groan and she straddles me....

Just took my pictures to get developed, I hope this one turns out really good. I'll scan and post at least a couple tonight.

And I must agree with z edge, this was by far the BEST show I've seen. The band was so into it, Bono was on fire. Adam was in classic form, smiling and almost blushing all night. Larry even smiled several times!

Hanging out in the heart with No Doubt was great. They were so nice to let us take pictures and to sign z edge's friend's shirt. And it was cool to see that they were being U2 fans also, taking tons of pictures of each other, I guess since it was their last night in the heart. The bass player even gave z edge's friend (Dennis) his e-mail addy so he could get copies of the digital pictures Dennis was taking.

It was great to see some of the interferencers I meet in Austin again. And z edge's friends were really great too!

Maya, an interferencer mostly in chat I think, gave Bono a flower which he put on Larry's drum kit. When Bono introduced the band, he said "and on tulips, Larry Mullen, Jr." - way to go, Maya!!

Which reminds me of the one thing z edge forgot to mention "OUT OF CONTROL"!!! OMG, how incredible that was to hear and an awesome story Bono told along with it. But, I've got to go to class, so someone else who was at the show is gonna have to give ya the details!

Look for some Dallas pictures tonight!

What was Don Henley doing there? I remember reading a quote of his in U2 At the End of the World where he said the only three things he didn't "get" about music were U2, REM, and MTV. It's cool that he was though.

yeah, Don Henley threw a hissyfit when MTV wanted Automatic Baby(Stipe, Mills, Clayton, Mullen)to go on last at the inauguaration party in 1992. Locked himself in his dressing room while manager Miles Copeland threatened to pull him unless he got his way.

I always remember these words of wisdom from Mojo Nixon sung way back in 1991: "Don Henley must die/don't let him get back together with Glenn Frey

haha... brilliant z edge... wow the show sounds to have been amazing!! Wild Horses, Out of Control, IN GOD'S COUNTRY...

Yeah, me and EdgeVox couldn't make it. We had to keep Zoo Confessionals occupied.
wink.gif

Thanks for the great review!
smile.gif

*U2, please play In God's Country in St. Louis!*

------------------
We need new dreams tonight

That sounds fucking awesome y'all...I'm still biting my knuckles because I missed Out Of Control...screw it, proudly storms back to Zoo Confessionals

For me anyway! And some of you agree with me already!

The band nailed every song, (despite Edge giving Dallas Schoo a couple of dirty looks early on), and managed to give the strongest performance I have ever heard; blowing away Austin, Atlanta and the previous Dallas visit.

Oh what a show.

'In Gods Country' next to 'please' was a delight. 'Wild Horses' at the end of 'Bad' was beautiful. 'NY' blew the f**king roof off as usual. 'Walk On' started out as 'POE' before the prayer ending hallelujah (sp?).

The energy level of the band was unmatched, Bono's voice very loud and strong. He looked healthier and fitter than Austin. Edge turned it loose every chance he got, 'BTBS' no exception. Adam showed more "character" than usual.

No Doubts last performance with U2 was top as well. Gwen was HOT HOT HOT as usual, and Tony Kanal wore a nice "U2 Thank You" t-shirt. And of course the drummer Adrian got naked.

As soon as U2 took to the stage, No DOubt joined us in the heart and stayed right with us for the whole show! Gwen gave me longing looks and that special hand shake that showed her appreciation for all the yelling of "take it off Gwen" and "i love you Gwen" during her set. My buddy wore his usual Edge-cap with a black t-shirt that we wrote "DOUBT" in a paint pen. He got Gwen and Tom and Tony to sign that shirt for him, as well as Don Henley who was behind us the whole time!!!!

Anyway, this was the best show I have ever heard U2 play after seeing them 5 times and watching countless other performances.

Oh yeah, during 'whats going on', Gwen joined U2 on stage and sang it as a duet! Superb!

Stay tuned for some pictures (we got some great ones) coming! Like O2 and 'AdamGirl' watched the entire show right next to me, and she called a couple of you during the show. She was a blast, and the austin interferencer crew ( Inca, Abel ) was mostly there minus Bebe and EdgeVox
wink.gif

------------------
Proud to be an INFIDEL

Woohoo!

Thanks for the review, looking forward to seeing those pics!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Originally posted by Calluna:

Woohoo!

Thanks for the review, looking forward to seeing those pics!

------------------
Proud to be an INFIDEL

NOOO don't say this, In God's Country has become a regular? Shit I need to get to Miami!!!!!

Glad you all had fun, and get those pics up!!! And No Doubt are really a great bunch, too bad the rest of the cities won't be able to catch the Gwen encore on What's Going On.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Are you sure that was Gwen and not your blow-up doll?

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Originally posted by mbi16:

Glad you all had fun, and get those pics up!!! And No Doubt are really a great bunch, too bad the rest of the cities won't be able to catch the Gwen encore on What's Going On.

NO DOUBT!!!!!

Originally posted by Calluna:
Are you sure that was Gwen and not your blow-up doll?

Did SICY put you up to this
wink.gif

Read where i'm from!

------------------
Proud to be an INFIDEL

Someone in chat was saying that Edge was having guitar problems all nite?

Blarg to you for Gwen being in the heart! All I got was the guitar player.. lol.

Hey, blow up dolls are people too.

Did SICY put you up to this
wink.gif

Read where i'm from!

lol @ Gwen's Cathouse

No, Sicy didn't put me up to this one. It was my own evil idea.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

['In Gods Country' next to 'please' was a delight. 'Wild Horses' at the end of 'Bad' was beautiful. 'NY' blew the f**king roof off as usual. 'Walk On' started out as 'POE' before the prayer ending hallelujah ]

i definitely agree with you, z edge..it was the best of the four concerts i've seen on this tour!!! and dont forget "out of control" was soooo kick ass...Bono belted that one out, for sure
biggrin.gif
!
i know our buddy dennis is gonna have some awesome pics of you guys and gwen..and the whole concert in general...cant wait to see 'em
tongue.gif
!!!
wish EdgeVox and Achtung Bebe could have been there, too!!
frown.gif

Had so much fun with your friends ashley and brian, z edge...they are sooo
cool.gif
!!!
hope me and likeO2 can meet up with y'all again, real soon... cuz you guys rock!!!
icon36.gif

------------------
"life should be fragrant; rooftop to the basement". Peace, U2 lovers ...from AdamGrrl

[This message has been edited by eebz (edited 11-27-2001).]

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
What was Don Henley doing there? I remember reading a quote of his in U2 At the End of the World where he said the only three things he didn't "get" about music were U2, REM, and MTV. It's cool that he was though.

im not sure, UnforgettableLemon...maybe don henley finally "gets it" now...ahem...it's 'bout time..hehe! He was gracious enough to actually pose for z edge's friend dennis for a pic..and i shook his hand...and he and his wife did stay for the entire show. It would be interesting to hear what HIS review would be...
wink.gif

------------------
"life should be fragrant; rooftop to the basement". Peace, U2 lovers ...from AdamGrrl

Originally posted by eebz:
im not sure, UnforgettableLemon...maybe don henley finally "gets it" now...ahem...it's 'bout time..hehe! He was gracious enough to actually pose for z edge's friend dennis for a pic..and i shook his hand...and he and his wife did stay for the entire show. It would be interesting to hear what HIS review would be...
wink.gif

You missed the point where i tried to shake Don Henley's hand and he simply gave me the finger and said "F*@K off you little punk"
wink.gif
When Dennis first took his pic, he looked pissed and stormed over to him like he thought Dennis was paparazzi (sp?) and then said something like "let me pose for you", to which he smiled and posed right for the camera! You should see the pics!

------------------
Proud to be an INFIDEL

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
haha... brilliant z edge... wow the show sounds to have been amazing!! Wild Horses, Out of Control, IN GOD'S COUNTRY...

Yeah, me and EdgeVox couldn't make it. We had to keep Zoo Confessionals occupied.
wink.gif

Thats too bad BeBe, we all missed you and EdgeVox. You guys missed the BOMBest of the BOMBs! I mean ya missed a great show!

------------------
Proud to be an INFIDEL

HEEEEY what about me??? Was I not part of the Interference crew in Austin? *pout* Ya'll forgot about me *sniffle*
frown.gif
*snort*

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Ack girlie I didn't see them!!! where are theeey?
biggrin.gif
*hugs*

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*