Dallas Schoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeSt

War Child
Ok, first off I am not drunk, I am not stoned, i am not dillusional, and i am not lying!

at about 10 mins after 12 am my time, i recieved a phone call on my cell which read: CALLER ID RESTRICTED.

so i answered it.

"can i speak to Mike"......"this is him"

"Hi Mike, this is Dallas Schoo.........."

.......once again i am not fucking lying! Dallas Schoo fucking called me!!!!!!!!!!! My idol, my hero, the guitar tech god, Dallas Schoo called me!!! I am still in shock!! I am almost at a loss for words. My head is going 1000 mph at the moment. Just to say a lottle about what we talked about....he thanked me for running the fan club i have for him (thats how he got my number), we talked about the SB and a may be surprise song that will blow true U2 fans away, but he said they still arent sure about that. Also the rumored summer tour, and the issue with picks being sold on ebay. Tho unfortunately 10-15 mins into our conversation our connection died. Nontheless, I am on cloud 9. I am just too too too estatic right now!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just have been calling and emailing everyone i know. To those of you who know me ya know how big a deal this is for me, and to those that dont well, i just cant explain my happiness in just words! WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Dallas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh WOW thats awesome!!!

Your heart must have stopped when he said who it was!
biggrin.gif

WOWWSY WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO MIKE!!! WE ARE ALL SO HAPPY FOR YA!!

I had a small Dallas Schoo encounter in LA#3, very small compared to yours but I was so thrilled..and boy he was such a nice guy!!!

I was waiting out at the back of the staples center for U2 to come by for sound check..And after a while Dallas comes walking up and I said" hey dallas!!" at the top of my lungs...he smiled and stopped and walked back to come shake my hand!..what a great guy..!

Tell us more details if and when u get them..I know I would love to hear about it!..

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

eek.gif
eek.gif
That is so freaking cool! What a nice guy! Congrats Mike- that's awesome...

Congrats, Mike!!!

Keep up the good work, especially in your YAHOO club.

annalivia

------------------
"I'm a singer. You know what a singer is? Someone with a hole in his heart as big as his ego.
When you need 20,000 people screaming your name in order to feel good about your day,
you know you're a singer."

Bono's Harvard address, June 2001

WoW,
Thats really cool.
I will say we had our encounter with him in Austin and he is real nice and patient and tolerant of drunken idiots like Achtung Bebe
wink.gif

If he calls you back tell him you found Larry's lost dog .

Mike! YAY!
That is so cool, he is such a nice guy.
What an awesome thing to happen to you!
biggrin.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I met Dallas Schoo on 32nd and 7th in NYC during the October shows. It was about 20 minutes to show time and he was running down the street. He did stop and chat for a bit though.....

CK

Mike! That's freaking awesome!! Congrats!

------------------
"I still can't play guitar
How the hell did I get this far?"

~Bono, Detroit

There is no way we could possibly do infinity push-ups.

OMG, MIKE! That is so fantastic! I cannot imagine how thrilled you must be.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Just goes to show how f***in awesome and cool Dallas is. wow, wow wow.

well here's hoping that super secret OTHER song gets played today.
biggrin.gif

-sula

Mike- That is absolutely incredible!
eek.gif

I am SO happy for you!
Did ya'thank him for my pic?
wink.gif
If he calls back, do, and tell him its my most treasured possession, sitting in its protective case in my bedstand at all times
wink.gif
lol
AWESOME!
biggrin.gif

OMG MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SOOOO AWESOME!!! The one and only and infamously nice Dallas Schoo actually CALLED you, how totally cool is that?!?!?!??? Man, email cannot emote ENOUGH of how excited I am for you....a 10 minute conversation with Dallas all to yourself, holy crap. I'm in awe of you. *bows down* You rock, Mike!!!! (can I touch your ear, the one that touched the phone that held the conversation with Dallas???)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Disco

Hello all!!! I am still in shock and just so so thrilled. I will tell you guys more about our conversation when I get more time - i am about to run out for our SB party.

But i wanted to stop in real quick and thank everyone for there nice words - you guys are great!

Dallas actually asked me what I thought of the summer tour and what has been said by fans. But what he said was that the guys havent really said to much about it. It has been more about being the in the studio and getting a new album together. He said Paul McG has been the more vocal one about the summer tour but the band are definitrely keeping the option oopen to touring Europe this summer.

the rest:

ahhh man, i still cant get over this. Well, he first off just thanked me for running the fansite on yahoo for him. Then he said that they were really looking forward to halftime. And that the crew were under some pressure cos they only had 6 mins to get everything up (specifically he said for him it was Edges rig etc). He said he ran into his friend Joe Perry a few weeks ago in Calif. at a guitar convention or something along those lines, i cant remember specifically, and that they talked about the SB thing, and he assured me that everything would live, nothing pretaped or lip synced. Then he brought up the issue with picks. He said he made one specifically for the SB but he is getting a little concerned with the fact that there being sold on ebay for money etc.
Oh and before that he talked about the set. he asked me what i had heard the songs were, and i had said that what i had heard was BDAY, WALK ON & DESIRE.....not entirely true said. BDAY was in but there not doing Desire and werent sure if WALK ON was gonna be included or not still....but he said if it wasnt that a special surprise would be included (but he said he wanted to keep that a surprise for me so i thought that was cool)and that it may be involving Streets..which was the case!!!!! Then he thanked me again...it was great and i quote "Mike, i just wanted to call and says thanks man for all the stuff.....".....then are connection started to bail and before i could get a few questions out our signal went dead. But no worries....it was maybe the greatest 10-15 mins of my life!!!!! I really cant justify it with words really. It was just super awesome! I do hope he calls again and he said he's gonna get me one of those SB picks and a SchooCrew tshirt from the Miami show back in Dec.

Just fucking incredible.....about all i can say.

THANK YOU DALLAS!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by MikeSt (edited 02-03-2002).]

That is so awesome!!!!
Can I ask, why would he call so late??
But who cares, 'cause he called anyways, right?

In case any member of Principle or U2 wants to call me (again), I can be reached at 405-321-6871.

I can take asome crap, but there are myu li its,)

LOL, yeah i cant say why he called so late excpet for maybe that it was an hour earlier there and maybe it was a spur of the moment thing....got me....like you said, who cares, he called!!!!!!!!

tho in calling that late on a saturday night he must have not had too much faith is my social life...*lol*...JK!!!!

Wow Mike! That's a truly amazing story! I always thought Dallas was a really nice guy but I had no idea just how much!!!!
smile.gif

------------------
nan
MacPhisto made me do it

<clarity> moobs + mesh = Larry heaven

that's soooo cool, congrats mike....nice to know that U2 is really concentrating on working on new material and putting out a new album

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Wow.
Mike, first of all I'd like to Congratulate you for picking up the phone late at night when the Caller ID said "restricted number"
Next,
whoa, that is the coolest thing I have heard about in a long time. You are a cool guy and Dallas is lucky to have a fan like you! I'm sure you'll keep us informed if you have any more encounters with him.

Back
Top Bottom