Cutest/most touching moment from a U2 video/DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neutral

genius of compression, Forum Moderator
forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere
I thought this might be fun since we have a funniest moment thread too.

I have several but my current favorite is the scene in Slane where someone throws him the flag. Before he does the "Close your eyes and imagine, it's Jason McAteer" thing, he's biting/chewing the end of his finger like a giddy schoolgirl. It's so ridiculously cute, makes me want to melt every time. :love: :cute:

Look Edge, a beach ball!

9slane.jpg

You have to set a software DVD player to software decoding then take a screenshot. I think PowerDVD can do it.

wake up dead man from slane castle. just days after Bono's father passed away...

Also Slane, at the end of the "Pride" when Bono turns around and smiles at Larry and Larry smiles back at him

Then Boston DVD with Irish flag during the "Sunday, Bloody Sunday"

Bono leaning on Adam's shoulder during "Stuck" from Slane

When Adam and Larry come in a little late for Angel of Harlem, they just kinda smiled sheepishly, then started again. Also from Slane.

When Bono rubs that person's head, wearing a hard hat or something, in Red Rocks video.

Larry mimicking Adam as he talks in Rattle and Hum.

Last edited:
I love the part from Slane, at the end of SATS, when Bono pulls Edges hat down and drops the microphone. It gets me everytime.

neutral said:

Before he does the "Close your eyes and imagine, it's Jason McAteer" thing

The what thing? :confused:

For me, that HUGE roar between All I want is you and Where the streets have no name during Slane concert. It really felt like he was calling out to his father.

Re: Re: Cutest/most touching moment from a U2 video/DVD?

U2girl said:

The what thing? :confused:

In the middle of New Years Day, someone in the crowd throws him a flag. He drapes it over himself and then says "Maybe just once, just once, close your eyes and imagine, it's Jason Mcateer".

The most touching (not in any way cute) for me is the entire Please video and the August 21, 2001 concert (especially the last few songs...WOWY = :sad: ). It's hard to watch that video.

neutral said:
Just one more for now. Hope no one will get annoyed. :reject:

There are so many from R&H but I always loved this one. That girl was putty in his hands. (not that I wouldn't be too :cute: )

Heartland3.jpg

Gah, yes. :yes:.

A touching moment for me would be at the Slane concert, when Bono's performing "Kite"...when he sings "Goodbye" over and over, it almost sounds like his voice is cracking some. Man, first time I saw that performance, I lost it when it got to that part. :sad: :hug: :bono:.

I also love watching Bono bring that girl up on stage during "With Or Without You" at the Boston concert. I love the look on her face after he kisses her. :cute:.

Angela

Cutest: the entire video for "The Sweetest Thing."

Most touching: Edge helping Bono up in the European video for "Stuck in a Moment."

There's lots more I could mention, but for me these two really stand out.

I agree about "The Sweetest Thing" video! For me it's the signs above the street that go from "I'm Sorry" to "I'm Really, Really Sorry"! I love that he's willing to show the whole world he's a regular guy & screwed up (forgot) an important date of his wife's!!
:heart: :heart: :heart:

wow i was just thinking about doing one of these threads last night after weatching slane. the last half of mysterious ways (slane) was so cute i was smiling the entire time. that part where bono has his arms wrapped around eve and they have their eyes closed and hes going ...mmmm hmmmm....mmmm hmmm... mmmm hmmmm, oh thats priceless right there!

Totally agree with all the Slane comments!! I so love that DVD. Today I am having a "U2" day and lunch in front on the TV with that concert blaring is next on my list!!!

:bono: :heart:

HoooBoy...so many good ones that I'm not even sure where to start!

From Red Rocks-Towards the end of "I Will Follow" when Edge leans over to sing in Bono's mic for a bit, then laughs & kind of nudges B away with his shoulder. So adorably cute!

R&H-Larry copying Adam's hand gestures, Edge sliding down the hill in Memphis, Bono hugging Adam at the End of "Bad", Larry scratching his foot at Sun Studios, In "Pride"-the way Bono cradles the mic in his hands & holds it out to the audience

UF Collection-ADAM-too cute!

Boston-Not really "cute", but very, very sweet-Bono back to back with Edge resting his head on Edge's shoulder. Also the way Bono holds the mic and looks at Edge as Edge sings the last couple lines of "In A Little While"

Slane-Cute: the beachball, of course. Adam & Larry messing up "Angel of Harlem" & the way Bono looks back at them & they all share a laugh. The way a fan tosses(with astounding accuracy!:ohmy: ) a cap at Edge's head, they both start laughing & Bono says "he's got a few of them!"
Touching: Bono resting his head on Adam during "Stuck in a Moment", all of "Kite", Bono talking about his father & Edge's father together,already mentioned, but again, Bono putting his hands on Edge's head at the end of "SATS" & dropping the mic. "Walk On". Actually now that i think about it, the whole Slane DVD touches me in a way that no other has...there was such a feeling of love & joy in the air. You could practically see the crowd lifting Bono-encouraging him & giving back the love he was giving them. The more he & the others gave, the more the crowd returned back to them.
*sniffles a bit-blinks back tears-goes to watch Slane again*

it's not cute, and it may not be the most touching...

but in the Mexico City/Popmart performance, Bono changes the words to 'one' following the death of Michael Hutchence

I come here for forgiveness
because I can't raise the dead

seemed like he barely held it together as he sang those lines

actually I saw Popmart in Atlanta which was just before the Mexico show, but after Hutchence's death....Bono discussed it at the end of the show, and then walking off stage for the final time, he got on the golf cart that took them to the dressing room area at Georgia Dome - put a towel over his head and put his head on who I believe was PM's shoulder

pretty sad deal

Sue DeNym said:

:confused: I must be missing something. Is that part on a different version of Slane, or is it an Easter Egg?

No it's not an Easter Egg. Argh I can't remember exactly which part it is. Bono and Edge are out on the tip of the heart alone when it happens. I think it's before Staring At The Sun. Anyone know? :mad:

Back
Top Bottom