Cute "All Because Of You" Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggie Thee Dog

Blue Crack Addict
My 8-y.o. son is the "Scholar of the Week" in his class. What this entails is for him to provide some pictures of his short life and to have his parents write a short biography about him.

So we sit down to write this biography, and I said to him "what do you want to say about you being born?" Without hesitation he says to "I just got back, I'm at the door of the place I started out from and I want back inside."

No kidding....I'm so proud...:sad:

wow, you must be very very proud :D
my kids (if there are any) gonna be like that one day :yes:

The funny thing is that my daughter has caught the U2 bug bigtime (she's 10), so I was very shocked to hear my son repeat this since he likes music, but has never shown a real, true interest in U2.

ABOY does rock though, so I can see the attraction.

I have a question. Do they take your cd and listen to it by themselves or do you play it for them?

When I have kids I'll totally try to turn them into young rockers!!! :rockon: But I'll make them listen to everything! :yes:

My 3-year-old son wants to play guitar like "The Mean Guy" (he's familiar with The Edge's fierce look on the HTDAAB cover).

He also likes to imitate the iPod commercial. He's got Bono's "kick" during the "Yeah Yeah Yeah" ending down pat.

tlt29 said:
My 3-year-old son wants to play guitar like "The Mean Guy" (he's familiar with The Edge's fierce look on the HTDAAB cover).

He also likes to imitate the iPod commercial. He's got Bono's "kick" during the "Yeah Yeah Yeah" ending down pat.

Awesome! :applaud:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
My 8-y.o. son is the "Scholar of the Week" in his class. What this entails is for him to provide some pictures of his short life and to have his parents write a short biography about him.

So we sit down to write this biography, and I said to him "what do you want to say about you being born?" Without hesitation he says to "I just got back, I'm at the door of the place I started out from and I want back inside."

No kidding....I'm so proud...:sad:
Cuteness factor is off the scale, keptin :sad: :drool:

Totally my kids!! My five year old requests the "shoe" song in the car (mini van, actually) daily....He loves Yahweh!!!!

My kids know more u2 lyrics than most adults I know. :)

My son's not doing any cute U2-related stuff yet. :( *feels somewhat inadequate as a parent in light of other, better parents here at forums*

kellyahern said:
Are the kids going to the concert too? :cute:

I would take them, I think they could handle it, but alas my wife feels that they are too young, even for a U2 show. It's too loud and people would smoke and drink and cuss....soooo, they're out of luck. Trust me I've debated and provided facts (like the fact I've been to 12 U2 shows and nothing has even remotely happened that was bad) but she is standing her ground. I'm bound to get my daughter there when they make their way through Northern Cali in the Fall.

Hey, it's U2 not Mötley Crüe!!!:mad:

TheBrazilianFly said:
I have a question. Do they take your cd and listen to it by themselves or do you play it for them?

I burned my daughter a copy of HTDAAB and added a few other songs to it and she plays it quite frequently (in between spins of her Hilary Duff CDs....:huh: ) She loves the band.

My son listens all the time with me on our trips to baseball and softball games. He's doomed to be a fan.:wink:

That's awesome Reggie. My son was born a few weeks before Vertigo was released to radio. So when that song came on, I would hold him and dance and sing it. He looked at me like I was on crack.

Think it's time to take out the nursery ryhme "sleepy time" music out of the cd player for bedtime and insert JT or UF.

Back
Top Bottom