CTS--You know you've OD'd on U2 when...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...when...

while having an argument with people you know who don't like U2 (a concept you still can't wrap your head around), you defend Bono as if he's your best friend. Somewhere in this conversation, you also say, or at least mumble, "He's got a better butt than you do anyway."

and

during the walk from the arena to the subway after a recent U2 show, you say to your friend, "How many more shows do you think I can get tickets for? I don't think three more in the fall is enough. I bet I could drive down to Pittsburgh, and if I'm lucky I could get a ticket for Boston. And Montreal! I've never been there before. Ooh, Vegas. That'd be fun. What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

when...

You can accurately assign one specific U2 album to a friend based solely on their other musical preferences.:|

I'm lmao. There's some pretty funny ones in here. Funny, but if anyone's as bad/good (depending on how you look at it) as me, also very true. :giggle:

neutral said:
Or how about when you randomly look through the U2 section in music stores even though you own everything that's been released? :rolleyes: :whistle:

I do this all the time! Not exactly sure what I'm expecting to find......

hcbiggs2002 said:
....when...

...you look through every single music magazine at the newsagents just to find even the smallest article/snippet/photo/advertisement about U2!:coocoo:

And then try to justify buying the magazines with the smallest article/snippet/photo/advertisement about U2....."Well, I'm sure this other article would be interesting, too......" :shifty: :D

Or how about when you randomly look through the U2 section in music stores even though you own everything that's been released?

Guilty many times over!

my addition:

My 9 year old and 6 year old know lyrics from songs released atleast 10-15 years before they were born. They sing along with me in the car! Very funny.

When you contemplate spending your life savings for two GA tickets because your love for U2 and consequent need to see them live for a third time outweigh your hatred of scalpers.

sue4u2 said:
When:
You start singing to the baby in the house, who's just discovered how to squeal, "I like the sound of my own voice, I didn't give anyone else a choice." :wink:

Guilty as well! I find myself singing several songs from HTDAAB to my 3-month-old and nearly 2-year-old.

and,
when you want to disown your sister for taping over the VH1/ Brooklyn bridge concert because you entrutsed her to tape something else for you and she f****d it up and lost everything.
Still crying over that one.. It also included the Sometimes...performance from the Grammy's.
(all's forgiven, however):wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:
....when...

...you look through every single music magazine at the newsagents just to find even the smallest article/snippet/photo/advertisement about U2!:coocoo:

I did this today. There were many mentions in the paper here of u2 all week so I cut them out. :reject:

Also, when you think that 7 shows this leg is really not enough and that going to approximately 8 shows in the fall is not enough either. I need my fix! :crazy:

When your non-U2-fan friend says to you while wearing just a single glove, "Look, one glove."
You say "We get to share it."
And then wonder why she thinks you're weird.

What the hell is WRONG with you people?!

...WHY HAVE I DONE SO MANY OF THESE?!

Meghan said:
When your non-U2-fan friend says to you while wearing just a single glove, "Look, one glove."
You say "We get to share it."
And then wonder why she thinks you're weird.

:lmao: genius.

It could be when your friend says something totally ordinary, like, "It's cold outside" and you burst out with "BUT BRIGHTLY LIT, SKIP THE SUBWAY, LET'S GO, LET'S GO, OVERGROUND, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE MUD BABY!" (occassionally I switch it up, y'know "It gets so hot in here, as the boys and girls collide...") complete with Bono-esque poses... and they get to the point where they don't even bat an eye, because, you know, it's totally normal for you.

It could be WHEN YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND SHIT LIKE THIS: SYCMIOYO, SIAMTYCGOO, IGWSHA, EBTTRT, WGRYWH, ISHFWILF, ATYCLB, SDABTO, HKYPKY...come on, if you try to say any of these to a casual U2 fan, they'll surely give you the :eyebrow: Understanding and using abbreviations is totally a sign of being on Interference too much at the very least.

I think maybe it's when you totally freak out about them playing a song at a concert you weren't even at...

December cannot come soon enough.

You steal your friend's iPod to listen to the pathetically small amount of U2 they've got on it... just because you haven't heard any in three hours.

Also when you think of phrases from ZooTV at random moments, and blurt them out in front of your friends. Too much is not enough!

When you can't understand why any of your friends don't understand the significance of U2 playing '40' as a closer at the concert you just went to. (What is wrong with them?!)

Oh my God, I just had another of those moments... One of my housemates who is flying to Greece tomorrow mentioned that he has a layover in Paris at Charles DeGaulle for 6 hrs. And I immediately went... Ah, where U2 shot Beautiful Day!.... and he was like :rolleyes:

It could be when your friend says something totally ordinary, like, "It's cold outside" and you burst out with "BUT BRIGHTLY LIT, SKIP THE SUBWAY, LET'S GO, LET'S GO, OVERGROUND, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE MUD BABY!" (occassionally I switch it up, y'know "It gets so hot in here, as the boys and girls collide...") complete with Bono-esque poses... and they get to the point where they don't even bat an eye, because, you know, it's totally normal for you.

It could be WHEN YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND SHIT LIKE THIS: SYCMIOYO, SIAMTYCGOO, IGWSHA, EBTTRT, WGRYWH, ISHFWILF, ATYCLB, SDABTO, HKYPKY...come on, if you try to say any of these to a casual U2 fan, they'll surely give you the :eyebrow: Understanding and using abbreviations is totally a sign of being on Interference too much at the very least.

:yes:.

The first one you mentioned...there've been times when one of my family members (usually my dad) is looking for something, and I'm like, "Still haven't found what you're looking for?"

I've even gotten the rest of my family doing that on occasion :der:.

I need help. Seriously.

Angela

AtomicBono said:
It could be when your friend says something totally ordinary, like, "It's cold outside" and you burst out with "BUT BRIGHTLY LIT, SKIP THE SUBWAY, LET'S GO, LET'S GO, OVERGROUND, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE MUD BABY!" (occassionally I switch it up, y'know "It gets so hot in here, as the boys and girls collide...")
i do this sometimes. :reject:

You're constantly deleting other stuff from your i-pod so that you can fit in more U2 performances from the latest shows.

hcbiggs2002 said:
....when...

I used to do that, :wink:

Westport said:
You're constantly deleting other stuff from your i-pod so that you can fit in more U2 performances from the latest shows.

Why would you need to do that?! 20 GB of U2 special edition goodness is totally enough room for all your music needs! (and by all your music, I mean U2, because you don't listen to anything else...right? right? RIGHT?!)

Back
Top Bottom