Crumbs = Walk on Pt. 2 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr.dae

Acrobat
What is it with Crumbs that makes me think of Walk On ? Is it the same chord progression or just edge`s solo ? I think he quotes his solo from Walk On ?
Especially the "where you live should not decide.." part makes me want to hear the Walk on guitar solo. Is it just me ? :scratch:
Some musicians round here ?

To me Walk On is just such a better of a song I don't see it at all. I do see the Electrical Storm intro connection someone made but ES is also a much better song.

Aardvark747 said:
Others have said the same about the comparisons with Walk On.
Still can't see it myself....I guess I havent got the right ear for it!:wink:

hehe.. come on ardvark, can`t you hear the grass grow ? :wink:
I think this time it has nothing to do with golden ears...
it´s the feeling I get.
It is the musical mood they are building...
:confused:

I think it more than just the guitar tone. Is it written in the same key ? I think the chord progression is the same... have to figure it out...

The chord progression is different, the thing is that they're both in the key of D.

The chords are similiar though:

Crumbs is D A G

Walk on is D, some variation of A, G E

ImOuttaControl said:
The chord progression is different, the thing is that they're both in the key of D.

The chords are similiar though:

Crumbs is D A G

Walk on is D, some variation of A, G E

aaah, thanks ImOuttaControl. You`re the man.:up: :bow:

Actually the chord sequences are exactly the same at one point.

Em - G - D - A

This chord sequence is used in the "All that you measure...." bit of Walk On.

Exactly the same chord sequence is used in the chorus and middle eight of "Crumbs From Your Table".

You can actually sing one part over the other.

And, as someone mentioned before, there are similar arpeggio guitar riffs being played.

It should be further noted that Crumbs... also bares resemblance to In A Little While (the melody in the middle eight of the two songs is pretty much the same) and Gone (the one-chord freak-out at the end)

Rock!

Ben

What is it with Crumbs that makes me think of Walk On ? Is it the same chord progression or just edge's solo ? I think he quotes his solo from Walk On ?

You've definitely got a point here dr. dae - the thing that reminds me most of Walk On from Crumbs is 3 mins 15 sec into it, just after :bono: sings "dignity passes by...". The :edge: guitar is almost identical to that of Walk On (3 mins 5 secs) towards the end of the solo except on WO the pace is slightly quicker and it is an octave higher.

Other than that though, and the fact the songs are in the same key, I actually think they're quite different in sound. Both of them still blow me away though!

The end of the solo is a mirror of Walk On.

Kind of bothers me that they sound so similar.

But other than that part, I like Crumbs.

Maybe a little now, but I didn't see it really the times I heard Crumbs before seeing this thread. Ah well... I'll keep my ears open for it.

Good song, either way.

You're right. The middle eight is similar to Walk On. But the guitar part is mainly the same as Desire/HMTMKMKM during the verses. It's still one of the best songs on the album - probably because of all those reasons!

I thought Walk On Pt2 when i heard it and i gotta say that that is not a bad thing at all. It's good to have a song that reminds me of old u2 on a new u2 album.

Can't see any Electrical Storm similarities though.

benh said:
Actually the chord sequences are exactly the same at one point.

Em - G - D - A

This chord sequence is used in the "All that you measure...." bit of Walk On.

Exactly the same chord sequence is used in the chorus and middle eight of "Crumbs From Your Table".

You can actually sing one part over the other.

And, as someone mentioned before, there are similar arpeggio guitar riffs being played.

It should be further noted that Crumbs... also bares resemblance to In A Little While (the melody in the middle eight of the two songs is pretty much the same) and Gone (the one-chord freak-out at the end)

Rock!

Ben

Yes, benh. You`re so right. Thats exactly the part I was thinking about. It keeps me singing the Walk On Guitar Solo over Crumbs. And I thought I´m going nuts... :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom