Crumbs from you table Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you speak
of signs and wonders
but I need
something other
I would believe
if I was able
but I'm leaning on the crumbs
from your table

Great song.

love the intro with the guitars and larry's drum kicking off the song.

very good song, great chorus.

Beside the "cool down mama" line, it has the best lyrics on the album.

Definitely the best lyrics on the album...

Where you live should not decide
Whether you live or whether you die
Three to a bed, Sister Anne, she said
Dignity passes by

oh wait a minute... I hate that line 'with a mouth full of teeth you ate all your friends' but love the chiming guitar! Absolutely love it.

i think in many ways it is THE SONG that sort of binds the whole album together. i'm not sure why i feel that way but . . . yes the song is amazing. it also has a really unique feel to it, like nothing u2 or anyone else have done before.

actually come to think of it, I think Crumbs and Miracle Drug are the best songs on this album, musically and esp. lyrically.

I love Walk On, so naturally I am a big fan of Crumbs from Your Table. Hopefully U2 would be able to produce a thrilling live version.

Love Crumbs. It's in my top three from HTDAAB. I love the "old school" feel to it. Crumbs would fit in right alongside Stories For Boys, I feel.

"Dignity passes by-yyyyy". One of the greatest lines on the entire album.

exactly...the song was criticised before it came out....but it surprised me a lot.definitely the best song on the album

Aardvark747 said:
Great song. Cant believe all the negative reviews about this one before the album came out.

Same here. I love the riff so much in that song. Larry and Adam hit hard on it too. I think Crumbs will be a highlight of the Vertigo Tour.

Crumbs is a fantastic song. Lyrically, I enjoy the "ate all your friends" line. It's Bono being daring and not delivering the usual common rhyming schemes.

I do find the production lousy though (as is with much of the album). There is that loud slow noise through out the song (for lack of a better word) and it drowns out Edge. Edge needs to be louder. When you watch the live performance on the DVD, you can see the song at it's essence, and it's great.

Great song, it will be much better live. I can't wait.

I can understand the critics of this song, cos its pretty bland but thats just my opinion. Sounds like they've done it before.

I sooo love this song, even after all this time. :heart: I've read alot of critical and rave reviews of this track and truly believe they should release it as a single. :dance: It was the first song that grabbed me when I listened to the album. I even have ideas for a video but not with Phil J. No offense, but what I have in mind doesn't jive with his style. :wink: (Like I know what ALL his style is.)
Neither here nor there - but I just have a gut feeling it would be a smash hit because of the production and a phenomenal hit "live" because of the lack of it.
I may or may not ever know if it does. I can only hope so..:yes:

Last edited:
My favorite song off of my favorite album...

This is certainly the longest that I've been able to put one song - Crumbs - at the top of such an extensive U2 catalog. But it's still there, and HTDAAB is up there at favorite album, too.

Numb1075 said:

I do find the production lousy though (as is with much of the album). There is that loud slow noise through out the song (for lack of a better word) and it drowns out Edge. Edge needs to be louder. When you watch the live performance on the DVD, you can see the song at it's essence, and it's great.

Agree. Almost like CoBL.
I'm not happy about it, but I don't really like that song either... To me it's just boring. Uninspired music... Well, I'm glad you guys love it!

Back
Top Bottom