Crumbs bashing thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was one of my least favorites when I heard the album initially, but it has tremendous growing power. Not quite numero uno, or Top 5 for that matter, but I now rank it as one of the stronger tracks (along with 7 other songs on the LP :drunk: ). Good stuff :up: I see where your complaints are coming from, though...definately not for everyone, IMO.

I like on the dvd where edge is already starting the song and bono mumbles something like "let's do um...crumbs on your table".

lay off the booze you drunken leprican!
:wink:

Kitten, it's fine it you want to criticize something U2 has done, but not allowing opposing opinions in your thread makes you look like you can't take criticism.

As for Crumbs, it's a pretty decent song. I love the guitar, and I like the lyrics a lot until the last verse, when the ambiguity is lost and it gets kind of obvious and preachy.

Bono's shades said:
Kitten, it's fine it you want to criticize something U2 has done, but not allowing opposing opinions in your thread makes you look like you can't take criticism.

If you read the whole thing you'd see I did this as a political statement against hypocrisy, yet it backfired badly :sigh:

JOFO said:
I like on the dvd where edge is already starting the song and bono mumbles something like "let's do um...crumbs on your table".

lay off the booze you drunken leprican!
:wink:

haha, yeah, i love that part...

yeaa try eh....crumbs...oh crumbs

It's a definite grower. I skipped it for a long while, I'm starting to like it now!

crumbs = worst on HTDAAB.

i still listen to it, but i think it's walk on part 2. just doesnt do anything for me.

U2Kitten said:
I'm not going to talk about anymore, it does no good and only makes people brag on Crumbs to get to me.

Yeah, right - people made positive posts about it in your negative thread just to 'get' to you. What's it like to believe that there's a whole planet revolving solely around you?

I've deleted Crumbs from my Bomb playlist. Song stinks, pure and simple.

I hope nobody thinks this song will ever have anything resembling a life on the radio.

Some of the BEST songs ever sung and some of the most beloved songs are songs that would never make it on commercial radio.

Just because a song would not make a lot of money doesn't diminish its validity or its POWERFUL impact on people's lives.

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:hug:

Shade said:

Yeah, right - people made positive posts about it in your negative thread just to 'get' to you. What's it like to believe that there's a whole planet revolving solely around you?

1. I am the one who started the thread, it was my question, therefore, I have every right to take the responses personally.

2. I asked for like souls, others who felt the same way, not to be bombarded with shit about how great it was. If you want to praise it start a Crumbs loving thread, it was not an express your opinion one way or the other thread but a thread asking other people if they felt the same way. If they did not feel the same way they should not have posted in this thread, that was off topic.

3. Yes, I do believe some certain individuals gushed over it to 'get to' me. Not everyone, but some.

4. If you read on you will see I only did this to test a double standard on bashing on this forum.

5.. Why did you bump this dead and forgotton negative thread, to start another fight? Happy now?

U2Kitten said:

1. I am the one who started the thread, it was my question, therefore, I have every right to take the responses personally.

2. I asked for like souls, others who felt the same way, not to be bombarded with shit about how great it was. If you want to praise it start a Crumbs loving thread, it was not an express your opinion one way or the other thread but a thread asking other people if they felt the same way. If they did not feel the same way they should not have posted in this thread, that was off topic.

3. Yes, I do believe some certain individuals gushed over it to 'get to' me. Not everyone, but some.

4. If you read on you will see I only did this to test a double standard on bashing on this forum.

5.. Why did you bump this dead and forgotton negative thread, to start another fight? Happy now?

You need to chill. Big time.

On the other hand...it is quite fun to watch your hissy fits, so keep it up. :wink:

Originally posted by Indra
You need to chill. Big time.

On the other hand...it is quite fun to watch your hissy fits, so keep it up.

You need to keep your nose out of everyone's business and stop being so preachy. You think you know everything and you go around the board giving snotty lectures, and not just to me. You are one of the most abrasive posters I have ever seen here. If you want me to chill the worst thing you can do is keep posting in this thread. Just let it die already. On the other hand, if you are doing this to get me to have a 'hissy fit' for your own entertainment, then my impression that people were doing shit to get a rise out of me was true:wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom