Creed taking a heavy hit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Last week I was going to post a topic that stated that I thought Creed was going to start to drop fairly quickly because their initial shine was starting to where off and their new song/video was so God-awful.
Well last week they stayed high in the charts and I thought - how stupid of me to think the public actually might be wising up.

But taking a look at hits this week - WOW!
They were number 12 hits chart last week and with 55% of the sales in they are sitting at number 36! Below U2! Now the final numbers aren't in and things are still subject to big changes, but I think we can expect a large drop from our angel wing-wearing, marble-mouthed freaks known as Creed.

Originally posted by womanfish:
Last week I was going to post a topic that stated that I thought Creed was going to start to drop fairly quickly because their initial shine was starting to where off and their new song/video was so God-awful.
Well last week they stayed high in the charts and I thought - how stupid of me to think the public actually might be wising up.

But taking a look at hits this week - WOW!
They were number 12 hits chart last week and with 55% of the sales in they are sitting at number 36! Below U2! Now the final numbers aren't in and things are still subject to big changes, but I think we can expect a large drop from our angel wing-wearing, marble-mouthed freaks known as Creed.

As much as we would like to see this happen, with 72% in now, they are up to #19. U2 is at #31. "O Brother.." still at #1. ugh..

aaron

Creed just makes me laugh now. They are NOT going to last, and anybody who thinks otherwise is seriously kidding themselves.

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Three albums that have sold extremely well... I think thats a pretty good career for Creed... IMO they've already made something of a mark in music so to see their record sales go down wouldn't be surprising... who seriously lasts or is able to maintain massive popularity past three albums? Pearl Jam couldn't, Nirvana would not have,...

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

They fit into a genre, that boring heavy rock crap.

their album isn't doing as hot as their last one, which seemed to sit in the top 10 for a whole year.

they cancelled their tour over a "car crash" that has left a lot of fans really wondering about Stapp.

they're through. Unless their next album they show some variety, Creed will be remembered for being a big band for a very short period of time.

Creed won't last because they are so snotty(lack of a better word). They always have their noses up in the air about everything, like they are so much better then everyone else!:mad: :madspit:

I don't like Creed but I doubt they're going away any time soon. People thought they'd be gone as soon as they came, and that was back in 1997. Almost 5 years later their albums sell millions and hell their last album stayed #1 for quite a while. I don't think a band that sells that many records is just going to go away all the sudden.

They have a huge fan base and I really don't see them doing anything that is going to piss off their fan base so badly it makes them stop liking them.

But why do you people pay so much attention to Creed and their chart status? Do you have it out for them or something? I don't like them, I think they are boring, but I can't deny the fact that they do make hard rock songs, and their fans find just as much meaning in their songs and lyrics, as much as we do with U2. Sure they're snobby and whatever, what few rock stars aren't? People said the same things about U2 in the 80's.

"Look at them, they take themselves too seriously, who do they think they are, oh look at those god rockers, they have egos!"

I fully agree with David..

I dont normally reply to threads debating about bands, but theres a few comments here that are farkin dumb.

Quotes
"They fit into a genre, that boring heavy rock crap."
What!?!?!?! Heavy rock is boring is it?

"Creed won't last because they are so snotty"
LMAO!!!

"Their songs are so.....un-original"
hmm....you reckon?? What album you talking about?

Last edited:
ummm smilz...do you like creed or not? because david said he didn't so to agree with him you'd have to not like them as well.

oh and btw, i do not believe beal meant all heavy rock is boring, but that there is a new genre where lots of people fit into it. people like creed, staind, and nickelback might fit into it.

I happen to love Creeds music

I just find it surpriseng so many people try and write them off, there album was at number 1 for 7 weeks or something, and they have no trouble selling out concerts. And have sold 22 million albums in the space of 4 and half years (more than pearl jam I believe, another favourite band of mine).

Im espeicially surprised to see U2 fans writing them off, I mean, u2 realeased an album that was a percieved flop in the eyes of the public and followed it up with a tour that only just broke even (a flop that is still discused today in the press). And there were plenty of posts about how they shouldnt be writen off. I think you can see my point.

Im a massive U2 fan, and actually love pop, but they havent come close to their pre 94 efforts. Although I think Kite is one of the best songs ever =)

KhanadaRhodes I think you got a little muddled up. When you agree with something it usually means you believe it is true. David said he doesnt like Creed, I believe that is true. Im not sure why it now means I have to dislike them as well????
If he had said Creed is a crap band and I agreed with him, then well you would have a point. Thats the difference between stating your opinion and stating a fact.

Actually if you're talking about the numbers, Popmart was more successful than ZooTV. The only thing was that some press gave the perception of it being a failure, but perception is not always reality.

Smilz said:
I happen to love Creeds music

that's all i was really wondering. i should've worded my post more clearly.

anyway, i do agree with what you said about nothing comparing to U2's pre-94 efforts. pop is a great album (can't say the same about atyclb though) but it just seems like there's something missing...

Johnny Swallow said:
Actually if you're talking about the numbers, Popmart was more successful than ZooTV. The only thing was that some press gave the perception of it being a failure, but perception is not always reality.

yes, such as the album itself. if you didn't read the numbers, one might think pop might not have even gone platinum.

The only thing I hate about Creed is the way Scott Stapp always looks on the front cover of magazines, as if he's pouting or something. And then their new video is almost exactly like that one from a few years ago. They're getting redundant.

As for U2, I don't know if they're efforts are really up to pre-94 status, but the Elevation tour was the 2nd-bestselling tour of all time.:lemon:

Spinning Ladies said:
The only thing I hate about Creed is the way Scott Stapp always looks on the front cover of magazines, as if he's pouting or something. And then their new video is almost exactly like that one from a few years ago. They're getting redundant.

yes. or he's got his christ-like pose, where he's like looking down on all of us like we're his servants or something. i've always wondered why exactly he does it. i'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't think he's some christ-like figure or anything.

Oh come on people. If you like Creed more power to you but they're an abomination. There's a reason most critics hate Creed.

MAP

Creed sucks arse, plain and simple.

I think if you played Pearl Jam's "Vs." and "Ten" backwards you'd have the first two Creed CDs.

They are unoriginal, their lyrics are derivative, and they should rename themselves Greed because there's nobody more important to them than themselves. I hate them I hope they rot in hell right next to Milli Vanilli.

Spin the radio dial wherever you live- I'll bet you that the station that play's Creed is that "adult modern music station" that also plays new Sting, Elton John, and Celine Dion.

Christ- now I'm all worked up and pissed off, I hate Creed.

go to hell Creed.

DorianGray said:
Creed sucks arse, plain and simple.

I think if you played Pearl Jam's "Vs." and "Ten" backwards you'd have the first two Creed CDs.

They are unoriginal, their lyrics are derivative, and they should rename themselves Greed because there's nobody more important to them than themselves. I hate them I hope they rot in hell right next to Milli Vanilli.

Spin the radio dial wherever you live- I'll bet you that the station that play's Creed is that "adult modern music station" that also plays new Sting, Elton John, and Celine Dion.

Christ- now I'm all worked up and pissed off, I hate Creed.

go to hell Creed.

AMEN...Read my post above

Back
Top Bottom