Creed Cancels Tour - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2002, 10:37 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
well if hes not even hurt then whats the problem?!

well in all seriousness im glad hes ok, i wouldnt wish harm on anyone.

but kickass!!! the tour is cancelled!!!!!

worst band ever.

anyone else notice the troubling parallels between nickelback creed and default compared to eighties hairbands warrant, slaughter and cinderella?

I won't say Amen, I'll just say FUCK YEAH!

Old 05-01-2002, 11:15 PM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 09:35 PM
Quote:
anyone else notice the troubling parallels between nickelback creed and default compared to eighties hairbands warrant, slaughter and cinderella?
A friend and I came up up with the complex that all "hardcore/nu-metal/rap rock" bands were really mutated hairs bands. Ratt = Korn.

Old 05-02-2002, 02:40 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:35 PM
Anyone else notice how incredibly boring this period of mainstream rock has gotten? I guess the excitement is waiting to see who will be the next big thing.

Anyways.

I don't like Creed, I think they're pretty boring. It is however, very unfortunate that the singer was in a car accident. There has been too many rock related deaths as of late, and of course the car accident that took the life of Lisa Lopez comes to mind when you think about Scott Stapps accident.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.
Old 05-02-2002, 02:50 AM   #24
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:35 AM
Are you kidding? If this happened to one or all of U2, we'd all be signing an online get-well petition and mailing it to them!
Old 05-02-2002, 02:53 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

My biggest fear, bigger than Bono being killed in an auto accident or going down in a plane, is the possibility of him being kidnapped by terrorists and held for ransom, or assassinated because of his political endeavours, or because of the mental compacity of a pyscho fan.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

[This message has been edited by david (edited 05-01-2002).]
Old 05-02-2002, 10:22 AM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Quote:

I went thru this in one of the other "Creed sucks" threads a couple of months ago, comparing the rise and inevitable fall of Creed to that of Poison...the similarities are astounding.

------------------
The joker is the best card.
Old 05-02-2002, 11:49 AM   #27
New Yorker

Creed is the greatest band of all time and Scott Stapp is a far better singer than Bono.
Old 05-03-2002, 02:35 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler:
Creed is the greatest band of all time and Scott Stapp is a far better singer than Bono.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Seriously...Thanks, man. That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com
Old 05-03-2002, 06:04 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I didn't want this to be a Creed thread (although I know how much Sicy loves Creed threads in this forum! ). My goal was to use Creed as an example in the event something like this happened to U2.

For example, what if what happened to Stapp happened to Bono? At first, there would probably be 1000 threads and even more posts wishing Bono well and how we all hope he recovers quickly.

But then, I'm sure when people started to read things like, "there were no injuries" and how Bono was "just shaken up" we might start to wonder. Suddenly, amidst those "get well" threads, there might be a few "uh, why is the tour cancelled if Bono is O.K.?" type of comments.

No doubt those brave souls who asked that question would get beaten at first by the faithful. But it is a valid question. If there were "no injuries" and Bono was just "shaken up" (as is to be expected in even a fender-bender type of accident), would it really be necessary to cancel a leg of the tour - and offer no make-up dates?

In other words, if, God forbid, something like this happened to Bono/U2, I know I'd like a LOT more information that what Creed is revealing. Something just sounds terribly suspicious about them cancelling the tour. Bono's wife gave birth and Bono's father passed away during the last tour - yet the tour continued. Those two events alone are more than enough reason to cancel at least a few dates - but U2 carried on. When Bono's voice is raw and hoarse, U2 carry on. When Adam went on a bender due to his break-up with Naomi, U2 carried on. When Edge went through a divorce, U2 carried on. When Larry's back was killing him, U2 carried on. And let's not forget the fact that Bono was also dedicating ocean's of time to the Drop the Debt campaign while touring - yet U2 carried on.

Clearly, this is very impressive, which is why I think U2's tickets are worth every cent (another thread). But I can't help but wonder what's *really* up with Stapp and what Bono/U2 would do if something similar happened.

Old 05-03-2002, 04:15 PM   #30
Banned

Location: the innovative mind of Z-EDGE since april 2002, as advertised in april 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by martha:
It's fucked up because someone who's initials are U2 has a weird "from."

Old 05-03-2002, 04:41 PM   #31
New Yorker

What do Creed and Stapp's reasons for canceling their tour have to do with U2?

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC
Old 05-03-2002, 04:51 PM   #32
New Yorker

Some people question Bono's over-dedication to Elevation. Was U2's continuing on during all of those instances from Adam's to Edge's troubles exemplary and deserving of respect? Some people might say no. We don't know the full story do we, so its hard to comment. Same with Creed.

doctorwho, your most recent post seems like the building up of one band in order to subtly bash another band. Am I wrong in that assumption?

Heck, why is this Creed related post even on this forum? I remember Heathen Chemistry/ Oasis threads being moved and they even had some U2 content.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC
Old 05-03-2002, 09:39 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

*beats Flying Manchu

I can see how this could be seen as a Creed thread - after all, I did mention Creed's tour. And I'll acquiesce that it may seem like I'm insulting Creed and praising U2 by asking the questions I am, but to be very honest, that was not my goal. Rather, I wanted to really know what's going on. What if Bono did this?

Hypothesize U2 cancelling their tour last year citing Bono's accident - where ALL reports indicate that he was unhurt - as the reason. Would we accept it? As I wrote above, I'm sure that at first there would be a 10001 posts wishing Bono and U2 well. But then there'd be a few brave souls who'd question if U2 really had to cancel. Most certainly, those questioning people would be taunted mercilessly by the U2 faithful. But in truth, they would have asked a very valid question. That is, if U2 had cancelled their tour for an apparently "minor" accident, would we accept it? If this was U2 instead of Creed, how would you react?

That is my ultimate U2 question and that is what I was hoping to get from this thread. Also, if others happened to supply more information about Creed/Stapp along the way - to better elaborate upon the situation - that was certainly acceptable. It's not that I'm a Creed fan (and if I was, I wouldn't be posting this question in this forum), but rather, additional information may help me understand how and why ANY band, Creed, U2 or whomever, could do this.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:02 PM   #34
Blue Crack Distributor

I hope they broke up due to the fact they sucked balls and that this will be the start of a way overdue trend.

------------------
Like a strand in the wind
In the web that is my own I begin again
Old 05-04-2002, 01:43 AM   #35
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:35 AM
creed sucks big time what kind of person would listen to crapy and fake music like that.i have not yet seen a person who likes creed.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.
Old 05-04-2002, 02:49 AM   #36
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Creed is nothing more than a Pearl Jam wannabe. They will go away soon enough. They showed promise with their first album but everything since then lacks and vision. Boring and bland, just like The Calling, Default, etc...

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP
Old 05-04-2002, 02:56 AM   #37
New Yorker

dont forget nickel back.
another big suck band.
the singer of that band looks like he got slapped by a yamaca or the whole state of israel.

------------------

THE RAMONES
Old 05-04-2002, 03:06 AM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

big bad boring period going on right now.

creed, fuel, the calling, default, tantric, train, nickleback, puddle of mud.

blah.

it just sucks so bad.

i guess i sound old when i say i miss the early 90's.

------------------
Old 05-04-2002, 03:22 AM   #39
New Yorker

ya but ther is some good music going on right now like the HIVES (i told you so) love that song and the guitar riff.the strokes.i also dig the new korn song, that cool loud drum sound very good.nodoubt's new song(hella good) and their video is cool t00.
cant think of any more at the moment.

------------------

THE RAMONES
Old 05-04-2002, 09:23 AM   #40
I serve MacPhisto

Well I like them, Creed, and was going to see them live. I don't like them so much that I spend hours at their website, I've never been to a Creed website. I don't have any of their shirts and I only have 2 of their cds.

Their first one was great, and came out when Bizkit and Ko*n ruled the airwaves, so I had to have something new to listen to. And after all, U2's last effort had been PoP-which I'm not knocking but it was lacking and left me disoriented.

So I like Creed enough to go see them and I want to compare them to the 4 U2 shows I seen last year.

I don't care when you all bash Creed, I just hope you don't wish Stapp harm and such.

Also Shaun Vox, I hope this answers your question about what type of person would listen to crap music like this.

Btw, I am really liking Incubus currently. I may go buy their latest cd. Anyone have/recommend it?

Thanx