"Crap albums"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still waiting for a really bad/crappy album. They've had albums where the full vision may have not been what they wanted (October and Pop) but they are still nowhere near a crap album.

ponkine wrote: "Two crap albums and you are out" - Bono
1 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
hola amigo i second that. current U2 are not my cup of tea. i already can hear the voices of some interferencers:
'if you don't like the new direction, go away from here and find another band...':eyebrow:

Two crap albums to U2 is about sales.

As long as they can sell X number, they'll justify..whatever.

It's pretty arbitrary.
U2 will quit when they lose a member, end of story.

ponkine said:
"Two crap albums and you are out" - Bono

1 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

:|

Maybe I should take up a career in fortune-telling because amazingly I predicted a post along those lines.

I don't think they have made a bad album yet.

And Larry thinks passengers is crap....
I'm sure he's the main pop hater too....

Mmmmm Passengers.....:drool:

Larry thought Passengers was self-indulgent, not crap. That one will always be debated as whether or not it qualifies as "album by U2" anyway.

I don't think it was ever specified which phase of U2 Bono meant, current, past or the future. He was probably thinking in general terms. Oh and "crap" does in no way equal "bad sales". More like below U2 standards. (cough*like the one album where they made 3 separate singles after it came out and went on the record it was unfinished - that's all they ever said - from day 1, it had nada to do with what it sold*. or maybe the overblown collaboration/live album where they got the biggest critic shotdown of their careers.)
I like how, when Bono might say something like "this and this album we feel we didn't quite finish" people are all :down: but when he's talking about certain other albums and he says "this is a collection of songs; it's not bigger than the sum of its parts" everyone will go :up:

Rattle and Hum and Pop get the most bashing in general from the "outside U2 fandom" world so ...

Last edited:
An Cat Gav said:
And Larry thinks passengers is crap....
I'm sure he's the main pop hater too....

Mmmmm Passengers.....:drool:

Larry was upset about the use of drum machines probably ;) haha...

That's alright...POP was an awesome album...I think I'll cue up some discotheque //

Not crap albums, but I have never gotten into them (enjoyed),

ALL THAT YOU CANT LEAVE BEHIND

UNFORGETTABLE FIRE

So 2 albums from their long career is not too bad.

U can please all the people some of the time.
U can please some of the people all of the time .......but you cant please all the people all of the time!!

AMEN

Back
Top Bottom