Craig David sang U2 on MTV Europe Awards!!! And other U2 references in show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U

U2Gator

Yah he sang One and it was reallllly good!!! and there were other u2 references... the screen in teh background of the show HAD to be the Popmart screen, and then at the top of the ceiling of hte auditioriom/stage there was that thing from the popmart stage! not the lemon, but the weird yellow thing that was made of vertical strips. I think the set designers went to the popmart yard sale or something.

But anyways Craig David was really good and he blended One with his own song. FAABulous.

i think the wierd yello thing was the mono speaker system they used on flopmart
smile.gif

and ali g is a crack head.

Originally posted by U2Gator:
the screen in teh background of the show HAD to be the Popmart screen,

Thought about that too. There can't exist anyscreen that alike and that huge. Since they are letting it out (correct expression?) it's not an impossibility. Last time I saw it though was in Stockholm, Sweden for the Millenium two years ago. I almost fell of my chair in surprice when I saw the screen screaming Popmart all over the city.
biggrin.gif
Pretty cool though.

Beside Craig David the awards was pretty boring and Ali G.... *yuck*

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

[This message has been edited by MissZooropa (edited 11-13-2001).]

I thought Rammstein, Dido and Depeche Mode made the show.

Too bad Ali G and Limp Bizkit ruined it for everybody...

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
I thought Rammstein, Dido and Depeche Mode made the show.

Too bad Ali G and Limp Bizkit ruined it for everybody...

Yeah, did anybody see Depeche Mode?? Were the good? I forgot to watch the awards...blarg!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I thought Ali G was hilarious! well most of the time. Some cheap shots tho...
I really hate these award shows, but I watched it 'cause I wanted to see REM and Depeche, who both were great of course... Craig David was good too.
I could'nt care less for the giving-out-the-awards parts. It was ridiculous to see Limp Bizkit and Blink 182 win all the time...
I almost threw up when Fred Durst sang a Led Zep song...

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Yeah, did anybody see Depeche Mode?? Were the good? I forgot to watch the awards...blarg!

Depeche Mode were great! Their performance was the last one, but they made a really energetic performance... they didn't play anything from the last album, but some old song I don't know the name of (I just discovered Depeche mode so I don't have all their albums)

YES!!! Wasn't his voice great on "One"? When he started it, i thought he was going to sing the whole song!

My favorite performances were Depeche Mode, REM and Travis, also Dido was nice.

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-13-2001).]

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
They played "Never Let Me Down Again"

Oh!!! I love that song!!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

what song did travis play???

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Back
Top Bottom