Cover of Best of 1990-2000?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
I wonder how the cover is going to be,

Here are some ideas:

1. The little "WAR" boy with Bono's fly shades digitally added
2. The image of the cosmonaut from "Zooropa" era
3. A simple picture of a fly sitting on a LEMON

It would be nice to have continuity by having the same gold color to the album.

Paul.

Completely a side-note.. am I the only one who noticed they flipped the colours that they used on the JT cover?

JT = background black, text gold
Best Of = background gold, text black

Fanatical observation.
wink.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I'm thinkin' they'll go with something very representative of the past ten years, just as (IMO) the first 'best of' cover seemed well suited for the first ten years. I don't think they'll use the same format (solid background with a pic) this time around. I think instead it's going to be very bright, explosive and busy looking. Hmmm, maybe somethin' with a grafitti look to it? I think the 'fly shades' have a definite possibility of making an appearance. Maybe a big collage including a lemon (by the way, does anyone think this song will make the next best of?) the fly shades, Edge's hat, a heart (of some sort possibly the suitcase version), a Trabant, the 'cosmonaut', a bit of static, a few bright colors...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

Originally posted by snutes1:
I wonder how the cover is going to be,

Here are some ideas:

1. The little "WAR" boy with Bono's fly shades digitally added
2. The image of the cosmonaut from "Zooropa" era
3. A simple picture of a fly sitting on a LEMON

It would be nice to have continuity by having the same gold color to the album.

Paul.

Woo, I like all of those!
smile.gif

I think we should get a full size picture of Achtung Baby Adam (no shamrocks!)
biggrin.gif

I dunno. It should be a pic easily identifiable to an album, but something they've never used before. Cause the picture of the boy on the first Best Of is easily identifiable, but the picture is still new. (Well, it's at least new to us.)

The new Best Of should defintly look similar to the first one.

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Won't you kiss me on that MIDNIGHT STREET, sweep me OFF MY FEET, singing 'ain't this life SO SWEET?' -David Gray

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It will be a Lemon or something....cuz the whole 90's had a lemon they stepped out of...even for the pop tour...not for the zoo tv till 93...but all the songs are so fruity in the 90's and crazy that it'll represent...

from political to excess.

Yeah the baby face thing will have to be in there i think.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I predict a collage with the following included:

A lemon
A trabant
An arch
A video screen of some kind
Buffaloes
A fly
Some shades
A belly dancer
Adam naked...

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
Completely a side-note.. am I the only one who noticed they flipped the colours that they used on the JT cover?

JT = background black, text gold
Best Of = background gold, text black

Fanatical observation.
wink.gif

You sure? My copy of the Best Of has gold background and WHITE text not black! Mind you I didn't buy it for a long time after it came out anyway as I already had all the songs so maybe I have the later version or vice versa

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY WHEN IS IT DUE??????????????????????

------------------
" I can sing just like Bono, i can do that whole lemon falsetto exactly like him" -- me

"...u know how you can make people jealous by saying good stuff about you thats not even true?" - also me

I think I've got a project. I downloaded it long time ago. I don't know exactly what is it, but I decided to send it to You all!

thebest2000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom