Couple Unknown songs on a lovetown soundcheck help appreciated :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
This has been posted before a while back but this is the updated info. I posted a thread about 2 unknown songs in a soundcheck that were included on my copy of the 11/18/1989 Sydney show, now from listening to it I can tell you one is just a instrumental jam no voice vocals but the other 1 still stumps me I mean it sounds like a full song.Ive included below since the recording is a wee bit muffled what the poss lyrics are but keep in mind with the soundcheck being a bit muffled some of the lyrics were hard to hear. If I could find someone with a knowledge on audio enhancement maybe we can make this clearer.

Lyrics
On the river town/On the river Tems(first lyric sounds more like it)
And all look down but all is gone

Let me change your mind
Let me change your mind

But there's nothing else
(muffled lyric)
its on the ground

Let me change your mind
Let me change your mind

If its from the soundcheck I think you are referring to (which is the check before the first Melbourne show on Lovetown, but is sometimes mislabeled as being from Sydney) then I think they are just jamming. Bono doesnt really sing specific lyrics when they do this. He does the Bonogolese speak like he does on the Acthung Baby outtakes. So that is what he is doing, the muffled portions may be from the recording but he is just as likely singing jibberish as well.

Back
Top Bottom