Could Edge solo more than 2 mins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

Those two have absolutely pathetic solos that don't deserve to stand abreast with the songs I mentioned. All imo... :sexywink:

they are good solo's though :wink: , i only listen to all because of you because of the solo

Love is blindless has a nice solo too.

Zootlesque said:

Those two have absolutely pathetic solos that don't deserve to stand abreast with the songs I mentioned. All imo... :sexywink:

They are the best of the songs IMO :scratch:

Anyway if u're after solos , go for ZooSyd or Popmex , u won't find any concerts with more great and well shot guitar moments/solos

Just look at popmart for example the Trilogy :

Last Night/End of the world / NYD

There's also

Bullet/Please/Streets

or

HMTMKMKM/ M ways / One

J_NP said:
They are the best of the songs IMO :scratch:

What do you mean, the solos are the best part of those 2 songs? What I'm saying is that those solos (if we can even call them that) are nothing compared to stuff like NYD & The Fly!

One of my fav Edge solos , is his solo on All Along The Watchtower during the Lovetown Tour.
Man...was he on fire during that tour.
God Part 2 live solo was also:drool: on Lovetown.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

GibsonGirl said:

"Wanted" being the key phrase here. The last time Edge did a real solo was on Street Mission.

listening to the street mission solo, i always thought he was being a cheeky kid, saying "i could do it if I wanted"

Edge could do a great, long solo. But it would never work live. Bono would never be able to stand still and shut up long enough for it :wink:

I'm not big on solos though, unless they really fit the feel of the song, they tend to bore me. Edge's mini-solos tend to fit well, though when I listen to Achtung Baby, I usually use that long break in Even Better Than The Real Thing to get up and get a drink or something.

discothequeLP said:

Edge has been playing guitar for 30 years. If you've been playing that long and can't knock off a decent solo, you should have quit decades ago.

:up:

I'm sure Edge could solo for the rest of his life if he felt like it. All you need to solo is basic knowledge of scales and what key a song is in. Someone who's been playing for 30 years would have far more than "basic knowledge." It's silly to suggest that Edge can't solo, though I suppose it depends what kind of solo you mean.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

How do you define a "real" solo?

As in one that actually makes use of chromatic scales and isn't only six or seven repeated notes in the space of a few seconds. That thing in Miracle Drug isn't a real solo.

Solo's are just not what the edge, or U2 are about, I'm sure if he wanted to he could do the most amazing 2 minute solos.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Edge could do a great, long solo. But it would never work live. Bono would never be able to stand still and shut up long enough for it :wink:

I'm not big on solos though, unless they really fit the feel of the song, they tend to bore me. Edge's mini-solos tend to fit well, though when I listen to Achtung Baby, I usually use that long break in Even Better Than The Real Thing to get up and get a drink or something.

That solo in even better than the real thing is one of the hottest edge solos ever:drool:

GibsonGirl said:

As in one that actually makes use of chromatic scales and isn't only six or seven repeated notes in the space of a few seconds. That thing in Miracle Drug isn't a real solo.

I always wanted to ask a guitar player this: how do his solos on AB stack up? (UTEOTW, The Fly, EBTTRT, MW, Acrobat, LIB)

Good? Average?

Hell fucking yeah!!!

It's my life, it's now or never!
I ain't gonna live forever!!!

:rockon:

Jersey Reprezent, bitches!!1

CTU2fan said:
I was thinking maybe it was a band thing, but of course there's Bono (do those Shakespearean soliloquies count as solos?). Would be a riot if Bono was rambling on some night and Edge or Larry just said "screw this" and busted out with this ripping solo, right smack in the middle of the One intro.

Or Larry could just send one of those sticks flying right for Bono's head..

That'd get the point across more directly.

Back
Top Bottom