Cool --New-- Album News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Wanted to let you know that at work yesterday I saw a pre-order for the Best Of. Actually it's not available to order cause it's not in stock (even for Pre-order) It's just in our system - with a tentative release date of Nov 5, 2002. Also, I saw 5 different versions of Electrical Storm single - two of them American and one Canada...these however are avilable for pre-order (Which was the case the other day but now they're not for some reason - don't fret...Books and music always teeter back and forth for pre-order. It's a timing and confirmation problem that home office has.). The US versions are running 9.99, Canada is 11.99, Australia is 13.99, and the English versions are 14.99. Just thought I would let you know. Arms That Built America is in the system but no release date and are not available for pre-order. And also in the system was a single for Bulldozer - release date tentative but right now it's showing for February 11th 2003. The description said "The first single to the grammy winning album's (All That You Can't Leave Behind) followup, due out some time in April." This is all in a B&N system that only employees have access to, however, you might be able to find Electrical Storm in the customer search engine ....whenever Home Office decides to stop teetering hehehe:)

U2: New Album April 2003.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

:hug: damn fine news if you ask me.

:laugh:

... Just bare in mind that this is a tentitive release date and that we haven't heard anything about this single at all (or very little).

Also some of that info contradicts itself (FIRST follow-up to ATYCLB - not true as Electrical Storm is - and a release date in both April AND February on the same page).

Finally, don't know about you but I would rather U2 concentrates on a new album rather then several singles. It also seems unlikely that they will release a third stand-alone single between albums. The only way this might happen is if "Bulldozer" was indeed an ATYCLB left-over with little or no work needed to be put into it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love if "Bulldozer" came out early next year. I'm not a pesimist, just a realist!

Timpani

:eeklaugh: :eeklaugh: :eeklaugh: :eeklaugh: Ok.....I can see how the Barnes and Noble statement can be misread.....

"The first single to the grammy winning album's followup"

Granted they probably could have worded this better...but when they say "the first single....to the album's followup." they mean the first single to the follow-up studio album....IE - Beautiful day was the first single to Pop's followup and so on and so forth. They're not saying Bulldozer is the first single to followup ATYCLB....they're saying it's the first single of the followup album (which album is assumed in the phrase) of ATYCLB.

However I can see you misunderstood the phrase. They could have worded it much better.

Re: Timpani

U2Fan101 said:
:eeklaugh: :eeklaugh: :eeklaugh: :eeklaugh: Ok.....I can see how the Barnes and Noble statement can be misread.....

"The first single to the grammy winning album's followup"

Granted they probably could have worded this better...but when they say "the first single....to the album's followup." they mean the first single to the follow-up studio album....IE - Beautiful day was the first single to Pop's followup and so on and so forth. They're not saying Bulldozer is the first single to followup ATYCLB....they're saying it's the first single of the followup album (which album is assumed in the phrase) of ATYCLB.

However I can see you misunderstood the phrase. They could have worded it much better.

True but there's no garuntee there'll be an album out that soon. Since U2 have become mega-famous they've had to do one and two year long world tours. I think we'd all like more albums but then if they didn't come to our city we'd be bitching as well!

Thanks for the update, U2Fan! I remember hearing about a song entitled "Bulldozer" for ATYCLB, but I thought it became the song "Elevation." I guess not!

*is very excited!*

Heartlandgirl, Im pretty sure Bulldozer was Larry's song but it got scrapped for atyclb.
seems like it was made up to him with the ES vid :D

U2 Best Available as Japan Import October 8th

Hey all. When I went into out system to pre-order Electrical Storm and the Best of, I saw that the Best of will be available as a Japan Import with bonus tracks on October 8th. So you can, if you want get the Best of a month before the worldwide release. Barnes and Noble has it, Amazon does as well as Best Buy.

Jason

PS - This MAY have already been posted elsewhere in the forum. Sorry if I'm repeating

Re: U2 Best Available as Japan Import October 8th

U2Fan101 said:
Hey all. When I went into out system to pre-order Electrical Storm and the Best of, I saw that the Best of will be available as a Japan Import with bonus tracks on October 8th. So you can, if you want get the Best of a month before the worldwide release. Barnes and Noble has it, Amazon does as well as Best Buy.

Jason

PS - This MAY have already been posted elsewhere in the forum. Sorry if I'm repeating

Can you give specific links for any of these sites? I can't find them..........

sorry i always hit return too early....

I wanted to say there ya go. I also noticed something interesting on the amazon.com site...it may be a miss print....but here is the link -

It says the November 5th Deluxe Limited Edition will be 3 discs?

I'm sure I missed this announcement somewhere...but can someone explain to me what the third disc will be?

Jason

Hmmm....good question Bono'sLoveSlave....

I have no idea. Some sites it says bonus track (singular) and some is bonus tracks (plural) I do have it pre-ordered tho. So if you like I can keep you posted on the track listing. You can email or IM me at U2Interlochen@aol.com

My IM is just U2Interlochen

Jason

Last edited:
I think I know the mystery of the Japanese Import Bonus Track..... it's One Tree Hill

How do I know?
Because the listing is for the Japanese Best of 1980 - 1990, not 1990 - 2000.....

I think we all made a very simple mistake and misread the title!

oH LORD....i AM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT GUYS:(....i COULD HAVE SWORN IT SAID 1990-2000....I FEEL LIKE SUCH AN IDIOT...THANK YOU FOR POINTING THAT OUT TO ME.

JASON

Re: Links for Oct 8th Import

U2Fan101 said:

Actually...now i am VERY confused. Look at the best buy and Amazon.com link. It's for 1990-2000 Japan Import released Oct 8th....so I am very confused.

Re: Re: Links for Oct 8th Import

U2Fan101 said:

Actually...now i am VERY confused. Look at the best buy and Amazon.com link. It's for 1990-2000 Japan Import released Oct 8th....so I am very confused.

Yeah I noticed that as well. Why would the 1980-1990 be released this October? And who told you "One Tree Hill" was the Japanese bonus track (in place of "October" presumably)?

Re: Re: Re: Links for Oct 8th Import

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

Yeah I noticed that as well. Why would the 1980-1990 be released this October? And who told you "One Tree Hill" was the Japanese bonus track (in place of "October" presumably)?

I thought I read long ago that One Tree Hill was an additional track on the Japanese Best Of.. but in all honesty I can't find that link anymore..

However,
http://www.jpophelp.com/scripts/proddetails.asp?artist=U2&dnum=200

this site lists the Japanese Best of 1990 - 2000 as being released in November 2002 like the ROW.

It also lists the Japanese 1980 - 1990 as being released on Sept 21, 2002.

That's why I think the Amazon link is just a typo..

Cowgirl said:
Heartlandgirl, Im pretty sure Bulldozer was Larry's song but it got scrapped for atyclb.
seems like it was made up to him with the ES vid :D

Thanks for the info! Yes, Larry always gets his revenge, doesn't he? And the fans reap the rewards! :drool: Can't wait to hear the song Bulldozer and get some insight into what Larry thinks is a great song...

U2 aren't going to start seriously recording the album until January, according to the band. They have some of the songs, but they will spend a considerable amount of time (as always) recording them and changing things. I think it's a safe bet to say late 2003 will be when the new album comes out. I'd love to be wrong....I'd love it if the album came out in April, but only if the band feels that it is completed.

The_acrobat said:
U2 aren't going to start seriously recording the album until January, according to the band. They have some of the songs, but they will spend a considerable amount of time (as always) recording them and changing things. I think it's a safe bet to say late 2003 will be when the new album comes out. I'd love to be wrong....I'd love it if the album came out in April, but only if the band feels that it is completed.

I think that Edge said that a Summer '03 release was possible! Oh how that would be sweet!!

waiting til its finished

I'll have to put my first comment as don't hurry to finish the new album. I see Pop has had a few of its songs re-mixed for the new best-of CD. I am hoping that they will polish the new one enough for themselves; that way they won't have too many regrets. We'll see what happens next year. I'm predicting Fall, 2003. :yes:

Didn't they say in a recent interview that they wouldn't have another album out for atleast another year and a half? I read that on U2.com

Man, I wouldn't be complaining if they released it in the spring!!

~Liz

Back
Top Bottom